Sleeping with fan or white noise vs Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
    Home security system with window, door, and glass break sensors. Keypad on loud alert on the wall in the hall just outside your bedroom. Arlo cameras outside covering perimeter that sends motion alerts to your phone by your bed. Crank the fan & snooze easy.

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to wake up to every teeny little noise and it sucked, not on purpose just the way it was. Somewhere along the line I told myself insurance will take care of the vehicles and the house alarm and dogs downstairs will wake me up if there's anything inside needing my attention. Now I crank the fan on high and don't worry about anything and it's nice.

Comment

We sleep with a couple of fans going. My wife says it helps drown out my snoring, and it drowns out the tinnitus I hear when I lay down. My blue heeler lets me know if a squirrel farts outside, and my Minnie Aussie is right behind her as backup.

Comment

Do you live in the hood?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Do you live in the hood?

I was going to ask if he lived in Afghanistan.

We sleep with a fan every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
              We sleep with a couple of fans going. My wife says it helps drown out my snoring, and it drowns out the tinnitus I hear when I lay down. My blue heeler lets me know if a squirrel farts outside, and my Minnie Aussie is right behind her as backup.
              Us, but with a lab.

Comment

Your odds are better to be struck by lightning than burglarized while you’re home. Get some sleep worry wart, you’ll be fine. Seriously though, get an alarm system. I sleep with a very loud fan, but our alarm horn would wake Abraham Lincoln…..it’s really loud.

Comment

Ceiling fan, box fan 365.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                    Your odds are better to be struck by lightning than burglarized while you’re home. Get some sleep worry wart, you’ll be fine. Seriously though, get an alarm system. I sleep with a very loud fan, but our alarm horn would wake Abraham Lincoln…..it’s really loud.
                    This.

I'm more likely to get myself shot for being an azz in public due to lack of good sleep.

Comment

Fan usually at full blast here.
                      Doors usually unlocked and windows open during right weather months.
                      I dont miss the city.
                      Serious though, if I was that worried I would move.

Comment

I have 2 Jack Russell's. Not guard dogs at all but great watchdogs. I have never lived anywhere in this country that I was worried but you never know. Dogs bark and Glock 10mm is fully awake.

Comment

Where are your guys living that you have to be that worried about your safety while sleeping?

Comment

If I can’t get sleep because of being scared every night I’m moving. Fast lol.

We run an air purifier. And the ceiling fan. And my wife sometimes snores like a diesel generator running

We’ve got an alarm system that will wake me up fast if someone comes in or even tries. Pistol and suppressed SBR ready. And an old sleepy German shepherd watching

Get sleep man. Don’t worry so much.

Comment

As i read these it's kinda sad how some of y'all live in fear. Alarms, glass break thingy pistols in every drawer . When God is ready for you he will come get you not a minute sooner. Sweet dreams

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                                A little yapping dog is a better warning than a growling German Shepherd.
                                That said, a Chihuahua won't kill a man. A properly trained Shepherd or Malinois definitely can. You need to consider your likelihood of having to defend your home from invasion.
                                If you think you are on the likely side of getting broken into while you are at home, I would keep an AR-15 handy.
                                And several magazines. And I would also have a yapping dog.
                                Also, call your lawyer before you pull the trigger.
                                Facetime with him is recommended.

I guess it all depends on where you live and how scared you are. It's something all men think about but IMO shouldn't change your life. Odds are pretty dang low unless you live in a bad area.

I mean even in the worst areas how many homes get invaded in the night with cars parked out front?

Comment

Working...
                                X