Company not following union contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WCB View Post
    Started seeing a few comments that you are not covered as a non dues payer. BS. You Are covered under the same contract as everyone else. If the Union won’t file a grievance (under our contract, any member (dues or not) can file a Step 1 grievance. See if you can do that to start with. Then if needed, contact the NLRB (National Labor Relation Board) in Ft. Worth. Tell them the whole story including the local not moving on this. Get the Feds involved and both company and Union will jump.

Sorry if others already said this.

“ If the Union won’t file a grievance”

WCB, the OP never filed a grievance to begin with. The employee has to file it. Like I said in my initial comment that should have been done the first day this became an issue.

As far as I can tell from reading these updates, there’s still no grievance filed on this issue.

Comment

Hope the grievance period has passed. Rats don’t deserve due process. And, shame on any one of you union members advising a rat while he gets free cheese!

Comment

These type of fence riders such as the op hold no loyalty to neither the company or the union ,only to themselves from my experiences. Take a stance for one or the other.

Comment

God Bless & good luck.

Comment

Make sure you have the most current copy of your contract and that you understand it and how it relates to your situation and the processes around that

File a grievance

Talk to your steward or griever etc

Talk to your labor relations rep in Hr with representation present

When this is over go down to the hall and actually join

They have to rep you as long as you didn’t wait too long or you didn’t have anything prohibiting you from bidding over. But they will rep a paying member with a lot more vigor than a guy who hasn’t paid dues in 18 years.

You create a pretty crappy conundrum where they may have to take a job from a dedicated dues paying member and give it to a guy who has never paid dues. What incentive does the guy you just displaced have to pay dues when you can come and shoot him out of the saddle like that.

You wont be popular amongst your peers

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              Hope the grievance period has passed. Rats don’t deserve due process. And, shame on any one of you union members advising a rat while he gets free cheese!

T shirts, lunchboxes, jackets, company wide cookouts.

Comment

Working...
              X