This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
    Proud papa. My daughter joined the TexAgs radio crew doing social media updates. What a day to start with Nick shooting his mouth off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Very Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      I didn’t like how Jimbo handled that presser. He could have taken a higher road. Gloves are off. Circle 8-Oct on your calendar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would usually agree with you, but the fact that Jimbo went that strong in response to someone that he’s coached for in the past…it’s telling.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        More times than not it goes the way of the tide, may the odds ever be in your favor

We may look back on this as the time someone stood up to Nick and the tides turned (no pun intended). [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          I would usually agree with you, but the fact that Jimbo went that strong in response to someone that he’s coached for in the past…it’s telling.

He felt the need to protect his players and their family. I’m good with that. Others can’t make blanket statements like Saban did.

I hate the NIL. But I do like how A&M manage it. It’s never talked about. It’s never publicly discussed. It’s kept internal.

Comment

Off-season fodder. Too funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Deion vs Nicky

Comment

All schools cheat the system and pay players. Been happening since CFB began. Saban perfected it at Alabama by using the power of the REC and automobile dealerships to take care of his players. It was blatantly obvious at times (DJ Fluker) yet Saban is untouchable by the NCAA or SEC because he is the golden goose. Jimbo and Kirby both learned from Nick. All 3 HC's display a sense of entitlement and crave the excessive admiration from fans and the media. Additionally, Nick, Jimbo, and Kirby know each other's skeletons and it would be funny to see who snitches or melts first.

Meanwhile Joey Freshwater is sitting in the back of the room laughing his arse off.

Comment

Gettin heavy on the despicable an alrights around here [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                    He felt the need to protect his players and their family. I’m good with that. Others can’t make blanket statements like Saban did.

I hate the NIL. But I do like how A&M manage it. It’s never talked about. It’s never publicly discussed. It’s kept internal.

I think Saban knows exactly what he’s doing. I have heard that A&M is scrambling to CYA on the NIL front as their deals where setup more “pay for play” and that’s why it’s quiet and hasn’t been talked about.

My personal opinion is I think people are putting the spotlight on A&M and their NIL deals as their weren’t by the book and that’s why schools are upset. They want A&M to come out and say, “ Here’s the NIL deals and it’s clean” while A&M is scrambling to legitimize the deals.

Comment

Saban coming across as a baby back *****. Not a good look.

Comment

What NIL deals are not legit? Aren't all NIL deals "pay for play" as that is what the players want.

My opinion is Saban is now getting beat at his own game and is not happy... BTW, the NIL and transfer portal will be the end of CFB as we new it.

Comment

I havn't payed much attention to any of this, but none of it is surprising in the least.

Saban is mad because other schools can buy players...shocking.
                          ATM is buying players...shocking.
                          Deion Sanders is blabbing about something he doesn't understand...shocking.
                          Aggy is worried about Texas game time with bama....stop me if you've heard this...

The inmates are running the asylum in CFB, and they're going to kill it rather than fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            I think Saban knows exactly what he’s doing. I have heard that A&M is scrambling to CYA on the NIL front as their deals where setup more “pay for play” and that’s why it’s quiet and hasn’t been talked about.

My personal opinion is I think people are putting the spotlight on A&M and their NIL deals as their weren’t by the book and that’s why schools are upset. They want A&M to come out and say, “ Here’s the NIL deals and it’s clean” while A&M is scrambling to legitimize the deals.
                            "I have heard..."

Give Sliced Bread my regards.
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              "I have heard..."

Give Sliced Bread my regards.
                              This comes from the guys that setup the NIL at Texas stuff, so I feel confident enough to report as something I have actually heard and is a real possibility of what is going on. So roll your eyes as much as you want, but its a much more credible source than just some BS.

Answer me this?

Why is the NIL so quiet? Isn't the purpose of the NIL deals to give the athlete exposure and grow their brand? So wouldn't they want to be singing the success of the program instead of saying, "Its internal", "Its quiet", "We don't like to talk about it", when in reality, they should be singing their athletes success stories. I think that is what people are doing, like Saban, forcing A&M to talk and defend their NIL deals.

I am not saying what A&M is doing is wrong or right, the NCAA left to much of a grey area with the program and I believe some schools, are pushing the envelope on what is legal and not legal. I think they are daring the NCAA to do something, knowing they can not.

My friends and I had a chance to ask directly to the Texas coaching staff what is A&M doing and all they would say is, "Man, they got something cooking over there." They inferred it to something they couldn't or wouldn't be allowed to do.

Edit: Who is Sliced Bread?

Edit 2: Forgot an "and"
                              Last edited by Heath; 05-19-2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

NIL Deal >>>>>> Charger

Nicky

Comment

Working...
                                X