This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    If Manning is Chris Simms 2.0, then I'm okay with that. Simms was a ****ed good football player at Texas.
    Major > Simms

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      If Manning is Chris Simms 2.0, then I'm okay with that. Simms was a ****ed good football player at Texas.
      Ha. I knew it. Heath's sock. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all do know they watch these kids at camps as well, right? That rating isn't just based off game tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          The news is HUGE because of this kid's name and family. For 3 years now, the recruiting wizards and the Mickey Mouse network have been pumping "Arch Manning". His name alone will attract other top talented recruits. He has a perfect 1.000 ranking, and the same as Vince Young like Chad pointed out. Manning is not in the same stratosphere as VY, I see him more of a Chris Simms 2.0. Arch's commitment alone makes the program better which is great for UT. Regarding 2023 QB's, Eli Holstein is clearly better than Manning as their rankings should be flip-flopped.
          I don't recall saying otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
            Y'all do know they watch these kids at camps as well, right? That rating isn't just based off game tape.
            It isn't just based on game tape, but the underwear olympics, 7-on-7, and fake no rush football aren't very predictive.

Comment

Nice pick up for the horns - congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                Major > Simms
                Yep!

Comment

Here's hoping Texas can get bowl eligible again

Comment

I understand what people are saying about Arch playing at a small school. My thought is the Manning family knows enough about the game not to set Arch for failure. If they truly believed he could not play at an elite level I think you would have seen him go to a different type school to play.

Comment

Hes from a 2A school. That's like Kansas?

Comment

What I find troubling is all the hype on this kid the pressure has got to be immense for him to perform, if he is a bit of a let down the after party is going to be brutal for this young man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          The greenies struggled against a squad from Dallas? Darn.

https://money.yahoo.com/watch-arch-m...mQUk1XBdRFWXwi
                          [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]I guess going 3-3 as a team doesn't matter as long as the individual looks good.... Disclaimer: I wasn't there and didn't see the games with my own 2 eyes but the local Dallas club went 6-0 so.... Take it with a grain of salt or not

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

He will sit for 2 years behind Ewers minimum.....likely a portal nominee next season after he gets that NIL money......
                            He has the pedigree I guess...but definitely gonna cash in on the name .....not many 2A Qbs getting this kind of hype

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              I understand what people are saying about Arch playing at a small school. My thought is the Manning family knows enough about the game not to set Arch for failure. If they truly believed he could not play at an elite level I think you would have seen him go to a different type school to play.
                              Pretty much spot on ... here's the skinny and a little bragging.

Because of his Manning pedigree and athletic ability, the family knew Arch would be play big time CFB at the next level. The Mannings have always lived within 1-2 miles of Isadore Newman HS (uptown N.O.) The school has been classified as 1A / 2A since it's existence, and Newman was in the same district as my HS. Played against them many times in football including my Senior year when Newman opened their brand new stadium on the schools campus. We upset Newman on a last second FG, 23-21 as I "balled out" that game playing both ways at TE & LB. I was named New Orleans metro area high school Player of the Week.

Anyway, for any given school year, Newman and other schools within the district will dress out 40-50 players and have maybe 1 possibly 2 P5 athletes. These kids don't go to Newman to play in the NFL, they go there to eventually become doctors, lawyers, dentists, and CEO's.

Newman is arguably the premier academic high school in NO and comparable to Stanford, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and other Ivey League type colleges. Tuition is $30,000 per year and that doesn't include countless fundraisers that families are required to participate in. Arch was NEVER going to any other school in the city, much less going to some place like IMG Academy to show case his talent. The family values academics over athletics. It seemed to work out well for Peyton and Eli.

I think Arch will do well in college. I just don't see his talent on the field having anywhere near the impact Vince Young had. Only time will tell which is why most of us are still glued to recruiting and CFB.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                                [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]I guess going 3-3 as a team doesn't matter as long as the individual looks good.... Disclaimer: I wasn't there and didn't see the games with my own 2 eyes but the local Dallas club went 6-0 so.... Take it with a grain of salt or not

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
                                Nah, didn't recruit the whole team. Just the QB and TE.

Comment

Working...
                                X