This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I have no idea which programs are legit - or even what is legit, anymore. I'm not naive enough to think there aren't some brokered NIL deals, or even bag drops, that have/are happening at A&M (whether Jimbo is aware of them, or not), but it's also laughable to think it is (or has been) any different at Alabama...or Texas...or OU (Sliced Bread)...or Ole Miss...or LSU...or...

The glass houses analogy is strong with this whole thing.

I don’t think it’s a hard line behind legit or not, I think they are all playing the game. It’s just who’s willing to push it the most.

It’s interesting to see the National guys talking about the “gentleman’s agreement on cheating in the SEC” now getting challenged by coaches calling out others. This was a big no - no, but it does appear the gloves are off.

Comment

Lot's of references to right, wrong and legal or illegal...I am not sure what qualifies either way for NIL but I do know the coach can't be involved and Jimbo denies involvement. Good for me!

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
        Lot's of references to right, wrong and legal or illegal...I am not sure what qualifies either way for NIL but I do know the coach can't be involved and Jimbo denies involvement. Good for me!

ac
        The way Saban put it the university, team or coaches cannot be involved. It's up to the kids to find agents and get their own deals.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          The way Saban put it the university, team or coaches cannot be involved. It's up to the kids to find agents and get their own deals.

I hope y’all beat the brakes off napoleon saban!

Comment

Mike Caspino, an NIL attorney backed Jimbo's statements. Texas A&M University did not break any bylaws of the NCAA NIL rules. Cracks me up when a powerful university with a rising program can use their resources for their benefits LOL. They wanted to pay these kids to play, don't throw fits when you can't keep up!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Correct.

The deals that locks in the recruits start like....

Coach.... "We need to give X player $500K to commit"
              Booster...."On it"

Coach steps out of the picture, Booster takes over. In most cases the Head Coach will always not be involved in the details. They will tell their staff, we need to get X player. The on-field coaches and support staff take over. There will always be a layer of protection from the head coach and a fall guy if things go south.

Comment

Wow. Jimbo went off. Lol. This is gonna be good.

Comment

There are no secrets in a whorehouse…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In Jimbo we trust I like his response

Comment

Finebaum is covering the saban saga as we speak . .

Comment

I think this can only be solved in a double pin
                        Steel Cage Match
                        Winner takes All
                        Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by HR3; 05-19-2022, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDogOutdoors View Post
                          Mike Caspino, an NIL attorney backed Jimbo's statements. Texas A&M University did not break any bylaws of the NCAA NIL rules. Cracks me up when a powerful university with a rising program can use their resources for their benefits LOL. They wanted to pay these kids to play, don't throw fits when you can't keep up!
                          Who is Mike Caspino? How are you an NIL attorney when this didn't exist a year ago?

Can someone tell me about the Aggies NIL collective? Do they have a website? Do they have a name?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                            In Jimbo we trust I like his response

It wasn’t really a response, mostly more gibberish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              It wasn’t really a response, mostly more gibberish.

Rent free

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                Jimbo - "Go talk to the coaches who have coached for him, they know" Uhhmm...You coached for him...Spit it out.

He almost did!

Comment

Working...
                                X