No announcement yet.

Food Shortages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biden said the food shortages is about to be real.

But either way this wasn't hard to see coming. Looks like it may get worse soon. Zero talk about African Countries by the media. I hear there are some pretty big wars there now. I bring this up because I think we will start seeing all the starving people in Africa again like in the 80's. May take us getting past our own issues before the media brings it to most peoples attention though.

Everyone keep stocking up. If you have not stocked up a food supply, why? Worse case you have extra food around the house. Buy foods like rice and beans that last 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Biden said the food shortages is about to be real.

But either way this wasn't hard to see coming. Looks like it may get worse soon. Zero talk about African Countries by the media. I hear there are some pretty big wars there now. I bring this up because I think we will start seeing all the starving people in Africa again like in the 80's. May take us getting past our own issues before the media brings it to most peoples attention though.

Everyone keep stocking up. If you have not stocked up a food supply, why? Worse case you have extra food around the house. Buy foods like rice and beans that last 30 years.
      Great advice. I know many people that say they would harvest deer and other game in season or not and wouldn’t go hungry. My reply is, how long do you think that it would take before that resource is dried up? It’s always better to be prepared.

Comment

The current operating costs to the farmers is mind boggling from everything I'm hearing.

Trapper, if this continues the poaching is going to blast off!!

Comment

No problem with red meat at my house. Veges are the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
            Great advice. I know many people that say they would harvest deer and other game in season or not and wouldn’t go hungry. My reply is, how long do you think that it would take before that resource is dried up? It’s always better to be prepared.
            I'm not talking end of world. I'm just saying everyone should be prepared in case food prices soar a lot more.

There are endless scenarios that could play out over the next 1-5 years.

Fact - Things won't always be rosy where it's easy to get a good paying job where grocery shopping doesn't matter as it's easily affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
              Save a deer. Eat a pig.

Comment

For those that invest, did you stock up on food? If not then why? Right now, food is giving a better return than almost any investment, plus you can eat.

Comment

I just bought 3 cases of 6 oz tuna for $120. Score. 3 x 12x 6= 216 cans

Comment

Rice, dried beans and spam

Comment

Got an acquaintance who works for Taco Cabana. The supplier they use for eggs has let them know that they have 3 weeks worth of eggs. After that, they don’t know when they will get anymore. Looks like Taco Cabana is gonna have to be looking for a new supplier.

Comment

Working...
                      X