No announcement yet.

2022 College Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I been making some rounds. Boise State v. UNLV on Friday night and we’ll be at Duke v. Wake Forest on Tuesday. Lots of good basketball being played right now. Big12 is tough, along with the usual national contenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Wife and I been making some rounds. Boise State v. UNLV on Friday night and we’ll be at Duke v. Wake Forest on Tuesday. Lots of good basketball being played right now. Big12 is tough, along with the usual national contenders.

That sounds fun. I've been scratching College football venues off my list here and there the past few years but have a few basketball spots i'd like to hit as well. With week day games you could hit the road and knock several off with some good timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
        That sounds fun. I've been scratching College football venues off my list here and there the past few years but have a few basketball spots i'd like to hit as well. With week day games you could hit the road and knock several off with some good timing.
        My wife has been doing that for my birthday for a few years. This year it's Duke v. WF in Cameron Indoor, but we've done Butler v. Providence at Hinkle Fieldhouse and Penn v. Villanova in The Palestra. The last two years we haven't done one because of the Covid BS, but we're back at it. Kids are graduating this year, so we may go on a CBB roadtrip next season. I like the old, legendary gyms. Allen Fieldhouse and Rupp Arena are on the list, amongst others. Just happened to be in Boise on business and she bought some great tickets to the game on Friday.
        Last edited by curtintex; 02-13-2022, 03:05 PM.

Comment

My wife has been doing that for my birthday for a few years. This year it's Duke v. WF in Cameron Indoor, but we've done Butler v. Providence at Hinkle Fieldhouse and Penn v. Villanova in The Palestra. The last two years we haven't done one because of the Covid BS, but we're back at it. Kids are graduating this year, so we may go on a CBB roadtrip next season. I like the old, legendary gyms. Allen Fieldhouse and Rupp Arena are on the list, amongst others. Just happened to be in Boise on business and she bought some great tickets to the game on Friday.
          You will be in for a treat at Allen Fieldhouse

Comment

Solid week of basketball. Tech has a bumpy road with BU then @ UT Saturday. Should be some good games. Interested to see how the ticket situation turns out in ATX .
            Last edited by Fmjag64; 02-14-2022, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
              I was at the game, Texas got their rear end handed to them! It was awesome. But, Baylor paid a price for it, rumors are that JTT suffered a pretty serious knee injury
              Yep, they'll have to make a run without JTT. He's out for the season.

Comment

I am looking forward to this weekend. Walt Wilkins on Friday Night, Texas vs Tech basketball on Saturday morning and then slide over to Texas Baseball vs Rice.

Comment

Krzyzewskiville

Comment

Originally posted by Laketex View Post
                    I'm starting to wonder if Tech isn't better without Shannon on the floor. Those giant wins came without him. Seems like chemistry is thrown off when he takes the court and he forces things way too much. Couldn't block that guy from all those corner 3's. OU came in with a great game plan around our defense and executed it nicely. My worry is that it will become the blueprint for other teams. If we don't make some adjustments in that department, we will be up for an early March exit.
                    I don’t think Shannon tries to force things, but I do feel other players lay off the throttle with him on the floor.

My bigger concern is McCullar’s injury after rolling his ankle when stepping on TCU coach’s foot

Comment

Curt that is awesome. Keep the pics rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Curt that is awesome. Keep the pics rolling.

Comment

I have a great story on Cameron Indoor, but its best told around a campfire and not on the internet as I am not sure of the statute of limitations in North Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            I have a great story on Cameron Indoor, but its best told around a campfire and not on the internet as I am not sure of the statute of limitations in North Carolina.

Sounds awesome! I just told my wife the games on ESPN and I’ve always wanted to be on TV. #tearawaypants[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Great pic of Jenny and her Dad...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Great pic of Jenny and her Dad...

We were both young looking when we met. That should tell you how much trouble she’s been. Thing is, I can’t help but like a little trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X