Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Dogs Running off at Lease/Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs Running off at Lease/Woods?

You guys ever have your dogs run off at the lease and not come back? My lab mix was a runner the 1st year I got him and he bolted everywhere. Jumped out of boats, truck doors/windows, gates, etc. Last time he bolted, he looked back as he was running off and I hollared "I'm not coming after you". He is chipped so I got a call about an hour later that he was at someones house crying and whining. Wondering if he has matured and will control himself if I take him on some scouting trips or public land hikes

Shock therapy

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
      Shock therapy
      This should straighten him up.

Comment

Shock therapy

Comment

A dog that don’t listen and fun’s off, is free to go wherever he likes. Without me looking for him.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell8 View Post
            shock therapy
            100%

Comment

Crank it up first time he runs off let him know he got hit hard. Mine hasn’t been shocked since only hit the noise on the collar. Some dogs need more shock therapy than others.

Comment

I have a bloodhound that I can’t let out. She loves a deer track and will run that dang thing to hell and back literally. Stresses me the hell out dealing with her. She’s got papers a mile long so I can’t just let her go. Plus she’s my wife’s baby lol !

Comment

Crank it up first time he runs off let him know he got hit hard. Mine hasn’t been shocked since only hit the noise on the collar. Some dogs need more shock therapy than others.
                  Yep. I rarely have to actually shock mine. I normally hit that beep button just to remind him that he's got it around his neck.

Most of the time I'm having to shock him for trying to chase cats. He loves the idea of catching a cat, but never actually does anything when he corners them.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                    I have a bloodhound that I can’t let out. She loves a deer track and will run that dang thing to hell and back literally. Stresses me the hell out dealing with her. She’s got papers a mile long so I can’t just let her go. Plus she’s my wife’s baby lol !
                    ^^^^My beagle used to do the same thing. I had to have knee surgery after trying to chase him down one time. That shock collar too care of the problem. All I have to do now is give him the tone and he comes running back.

Comment

We have the wireless fence at home and just bought a 2nd transmitter we keep in the RV. Use it at the lease or when we go camping.

Comment

My wife got pizzed when I said I was going to rename him to Kunta Kinte and might have to chop part of his foot off.

Comment

If the shock collar won’t fix your dog then you need a new dog

Comment

Shock therapy
                            Yep. My pointer didn't listen. Got the collar, got zapped once, and wised up real fast.

After that, I removed the electric prongs (Had issued with digging into her skin), and just used the beep function.

Comment

Gotta shock him man, you can't let him run at a lease or anywhere in the woods or he's gonna get shot. You've seen the threads on here, there's a lot of guys out there that'll blast a dog running around.

Comment

Working...
                              X