Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma, no doubt.

Comment

I live at Lake Fork and can make it to downtown Dallas with no traffic in 1hr, 10 min.

Comment

If ya wanna go South outta Dallas, I live in Corsicana. It's a dump but it's where my grandkids are. I've driven into downtown Dallas from ever direction at all hours. I-45 north into downtown is 50 minutes for me. By far the least car traffic. Lots of commercial traffic. Palmer, Ennis, Alma, Rice and Corsicana. Mildred is at Richland Chambers Lake and 15 minutes more.

Comment

Edgewood in Van Zandt county is a real nice spot. I describe the town to be a bit like Mayberry! Our land has gone way up in price, however it’s quiet and a great small town atmosphere!

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
            Edgewood in Van Zandt county is a real nice spot. I describe the town to be a bit like Mayberry! Our land has gone way up in price, however it’s quiet and a great small town atmosphere!
            My girlfriend lives in Edgewood. She was raised there. It's a nice area for sure. I like that area, but its a haul for me to get to work by 7am. And working 12 hour days makes it hard to drive that far.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t know the prices up that way for land but in our area I’m seeing 5-10k/acre for 50-100 acre size land and it even gets higher in neighboring areas
              I know one place is 48acre asking around $250k & another 109 acre asking $1.3MM
              Both places don’t have a house just raw land

If it were me, Id stay put & search for land in OK if your just looking for recreational property to hunt & get away
              Now if you are flat out ready to move out to a different pace of life & smaller community feel then I would listen to others on here on suggested areas

Comment

If you want to slow waaaay down, I'd look into the Miller Grove, Lone Oak and Emory area. Hopkins and Rains county line. Land is expensive everywhere now but the area is beautiful hardwood bottoms with good deer and pigs out the wazoo. Best bass lake in Texas within 20 minutes of you there.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWG DAWG View Post
                  If you want to slow waaaay down, I'd look into the Miller Grove, Lone Oak and Emory area. Hopkins and Rains county line. Land is expensive everywhere now but the area is beautiful hardwood bottoms with good deer and pigs out the wazoo. Best bass lake in Texas within 20 minutes of you there.
                  I'd be leery of that Lone Oak area. I think that's where that squatch known as Burnadell makes his rounds
                  Attached Files

Comment

anyone else have any info here?

OP have you narrowed the search down any?

Comment

Working...
                    X