Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
    Fixing to start working out…this post holds me too it [emoji28]

Quick question, any recommendations for reducing muscle soreness?
    The older I get, the longer it last. Half the time I’m sore now and don’t even know what I did to cause it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hydration, stretching and ice work pretty well for me.

I couldn't drag myself out of the bed this morning.

Comment

Do you folks hit a body part once a week? Anyone doing two workouts on muscle groups per week?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Do you folks hit a body part once a week? Anyone doing two workouts on muscle groups per week?
        Yes. Right now, I do a 5 day split.

Push
        Pull
        Legs
        Upper
        Lower

I always use the big compound lifts as my main and first lift everything else is to supplement that.

Usually i'll do a lift centric split like

Monday - Bench press
        Tuesday - Squat
        Wednesday - Rest
        Thursday - OH Press
        Friday - Deadlift

Any of those days will have different muscle groups thrown in that help with the main lift. So I'm hitting muscle groups multiple times/week. I'm not a fan of one muscle/day (bro split). I'm sure It works for some, I just feel I get more progression strength wise out of something like the above.
        Last edited by Clay C; 06-28-2022, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I'm hitting some parts more than twice per week. This has been my routine for a couple of months now, but I change up the sets and reps. I was off last week so moderate weight and higher reps are the menu for this week. Primarily so I don't get overly sore.

Next week will be 5X5 for an entire month. Always supersets, but sometimes will make it giant sets.

Monday-chest and biceps
          Tuesday-Legs and shoulders
          Wednesday-chest and back
          Thursday-chest and shoulders
          Friday-chest and triceps

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
            Yes. Right now, I do a 5 day split.

Push
            Pull
            Legs
            Upper
            Lower

I always use the big compound lifts as my main and first lift everything else is to supplement that.

Usually i'll do a lift centric split like

Monday - Bench press
            Tuesday - Squat
            Wednesday - Rest
            Thursday - OH Press
            Friday - Deadlift

Any of those days will have different muscle groups thrown in that help with the main lift. So I'm hitting muscle groups multiple times/week. I'm not a fan of one muscle/day (bro split). I'm sure It works for some, I just feel I get more progression strength wise out of something like the above.
            Thanks for the info. Trying to get going on a more ‘serious” workout. I will try to incorporate something similar.

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            I'm hitting some parts more than twice per week. This has been my routine for a couple of months now, but I change up the sets and reps. I was off last week so moderate weight and higher reps are the menu for this week. Primarily so I don't get overly sore.

Next week will be 5X5 for an entire month. Always supersets, but sometimes will make it giant sets.

Monday-chest and biceps
            Tuesday-Legs and shoulders
            Wednesday-chest and back
            Thursday-chest and shoulders
            Friday-chest and triceps
            Curious how hitting up chest so often is working out. I do something similar but it’s for abs and calfs.

Comment

I hit multiple muscle groups per day and week. My left forearm is still not allowing me to do back and Bi’s together so I do bi/tris and chest/back together. Also like the Bi/tri pump….

Arms
              Chest/Back
              Shoulders
              Legs
              -Repeat-

If my forearm every gets better it will switch to:

Back and Bi’s
              Chest and Tri’s
              Legs and Shoulders
              -Repeat-

Comment

Thanks for the info. Trying to get going on a more ‘serious” workout. I will try to incorporate something similar.

Curious how hitting up chest so often is working out. I do something similar but it’s for abs and calfs.
                The chest routine seems to be working fine. My main issue has been my right wrist and forearm. I did something to it at home working on the pool which limited my barbell bench, but I've switched to dumbbells and everything has been good.

I like working chest a lot and 24-48 hours rest is all I need.

Comment

Arms done

Legs and core tomorrow

Comment

Got in and made up for missing yesterday. Giant sets for chest back and legs 3X10-12

Incline DB bench press/leg extension
                    Bench press strip sets/sled leg press/bodyweight pullup/incline sit-up
                    Incline bench press/leg extension/wide grip row/weighted standing calf raise/ab roller
                    Overhead cable pulldown/incline DB chest fly/prone leg curl

Comment

My wife has never really worked out. Asked me and started 5 months ago. She has been doing incredible. Started out doing sets on incline with 15#s. Yesterday she did 4 sets of 6 with 35#. She is discouraged because she has gained about 8# but she has lost inches and got rid of a lot of soft body. Just thought I’d brag a little. It’s kinda cool to be part of.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        As someone who hated working out I decided at 40 to try something out of my comfort zone and went all in on triathlon. I loved it and dropped 40 pounds and was in the best shape of my life training for Ironman 70.3 Waco which was set for October 2021. In August 2021 I hit a red tailed hawk going 20 mph on my bike and destroyed my knee, shoulder and hand. I'm now three months post hand surgery and one month post shoulder surgery. I am training for Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga set for May 2022.

I started training last week. I can't swim but I feel like I kept a lot of fitness through these surgeries. I ran 26 miles and biked 51 miles last week. I have some major PTSD on the bike but that will wear off in time. Time to get after it!

That’s amazing. Congrats!

Comment

I’m a dink compared to 150, Sabre and Glen but my go to is supersets on a 5-6 day rotation depending on how fatigued I feel after 4 days of lifting.

Chest, biceps, calves
                          Shoulders, traps, abs
                          Back, triceps, calves
                          Legs, abs
                          One or two days rest

I consume BCAAs daily to help with soreness.

Comment

Pedernal
                            Muscle groups you can hit the most are - calves, core, traps. Can almost daily if you wanted. I’m a big fan a rest. If I’m getting enough good sleep then I would say you could attack most muscle groups on 3 days rest. I go 4 but that is just me.

Very important is making sure you focus on good sleep and nutrition as much as stress on muscle.

Comment

Smack dab in the middle of legs…. Really not feeling it today but grinding it out.

Hope everyone gets theirs today!

Comment

I got shoulders and triceps done this morning. 3X10-12 and I'm ready for a nap.

Comment

Working...
                                X