2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowFed2014 View Post
    I'm wanting to learn how to fish w a jig. I've watched some videos on YouTube, but none of um talk about which colors to use at certain times. I would appreciate any tips, or can you point out some good websites. Thanks!!
    I would go with Slew or Buff as said above. Both fish completely different but both catch um. Now Slew is a different cat and drinks skinny beer's

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was gonna go to Fork Friday but I forgot it's after Dec 1st and I would have to keep em all so we ran down to Conroe again and didn't do bad! The water was still 60 degrees and the fish were scattered but we caught enough to have a good mess if we were keeping them! Gonna hunt a few more times and then get serious about the slabs! First national tourney is Crappie Masters Elites on Cross Lake in Louisiana! I've rode a jet ski on that lake as an idiot college student but never fished it!

Comment

2022 Crappie Thread

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Was gonna go to Fork Friday but I forgot it's after Dec 1st and I would have to keep em all so we ran down to Conroe again and didn't do bad! The water was still 60 degrees and the fish were scattered but we caught enough to have a good mess if we were keeping them! Gonna hunt a few more times and then get serious about the slabs! First national tourney is Crappie Masters Elites on Cross Lake in Louisiana! I've rode a jet ski on that lake as an idiot college student but never fished it!

I FINALLY figured out a few on Conroe this weekend. Anybody with minnows did absolutely squat while jigs pulled them off the pilings in roughly 16 ft of water. It was slow, for me at least, but the bites i got were hard thumps. Caught 4 gooduns, few throwbacks, and watched a couple guys in kayaks hammer the crappies right in front of me. Few of them are already plum full of eggs.

Had to make a switch to the feline fishes and even they were slow Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          I FINALLY figured out a few on Conroe this weekend. Anybody with minnows did absolutely squat while jigs pulled them off the pilings in roughly 16 ft of water. It was slow, for me at least, but the bites i got were hard thumps. Caught 4 gooduns, few throwbacks, and watched a couple guys in kayaks hammer the crappies right in front of me. Few of them are already plum full of eggs.

Had to make a switch to the feline fishes and even they were slow Saturday.

Those will fry up nice👍

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Those will fry up nice[emoji106]

They sure did. Can’t get much more fresh than cleaning table and straight into some hot grease.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              They sure did. Can’t get much more fresh than cleaning table and straight into some hot grease.

From lake to plate is my favorite!!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                Fried a big spread for my wifes b-day just like we do at the crappie tbh fest with crappie, fries, hushpuppies, fried corn, and fried biscuits! Thanks Slew
                What a spread!

Comment

They are drawing for this trip Wednesday

You can buy tickets with paypal
                  The paypal account is mantosea@msn.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	oasis - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	24701140

Comment

My buddy Moose Watson came down from Missouri to chase crappie this morning. He had seen my post yesterday about catching catfish and asked if we finished up with the crappie early enough, could he catch a few cats.
                    The crappie were really aggressive and 2 hours out he had finished his box so we moved back to my catfish hole. My jar of Stubby’s had froze solid and baiting was a little slow but it still did not take him long to finish off a cooler of cats.
                    The crappie were caught on standing timber 20 to 30 foot deep with a 1/4 oz jig tipped with a minnow. The catfish were in a baited hole 25 foot down on Stubby’s cheese bait

Click image for larger version

Name:	moose.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	24701141

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                      They are drawing for this trip Wednesday

You can buy tickets with paypal
                      The paypal account is mantosea@msn.com

[ATTACH]1113192[/ATTACH]
                      When I win I want a catfish trip!! Bump for the kiddos! With an alright guide I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        When I win I want a catfish trip!! Bump for the kiddos! With an alright guide I guess!
                        catfish…… you are a funny man, I hate cleaning catfish

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          catfish…… you are a funny man, I hate cleaning catfish

I have cleaned around 400 channel cats this year. Started by skinning…. Found out real quick a good electric knife on a board works wonders.

My hands hurt

Comment

Working...
                          X