2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    Well, picked up a busted boat(transom rotted owner pulled motor with intent to redo transom and gave up), trailer, and a 1992 70 Evinrude that appears to be in great shape for almost nothing yesterday. Plan is to use the trailer, sell my trailer, sell accessories off the boat, and hopefully have a good motor. Going to test compression, clean carbs, new water pump, and see what we have.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      Getting all my goodies in order. About to hit the creeks hard. Been scouting alot lately and found a few but the weather is slowly changing.

Really need to get my electronics setup and start fishing the main lake. Its hard to get out the creeks and away from what i know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      What part of TX you in? I feel like we are still a ways out from them being up in the creeks in Central TX.

Comment

What part of TX you in? I feel like we are still a ways out from them being up in the creeks in Central TX.

I’m in Huntsville. Bounce around between Livingston and Conroe. Theres actually a decent number of fish that stay in the creeks year round

Comment

Well, picked up a busted boat(transom rotted owner pulled motor with intent to redo transom and gave up), trailer, and a 1992 70 Evinrude that appears to be in great shape for almost nothing yesterday. Plan is to use the trailer, sell my trailer, sell accessories off the boat, and hopefully have a good motor. Going to test compression, clean carbs, new water pump, and see what we have.
          Sounds like a good plan. Post a DIY if you feel like taking pictures. I like to watch someone else work on a project. Gives me ideas and passes the time when I run out of cash for one of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            I’m in Huntsville. Bounce around between Livingston and Conroe. Theres actually a decent number of fish that stay in the creeks year round

Ah, gotcha. I was figuring east, a lot of our creeks mostly dry up. In LA we can catch them up in tiny water year round as well. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
              Sounds like a good plan. Post a DIY if you feel like taking pictures. I like to watch someone else work on a project. Gives me ideas and passes the time when I run out of cash for one of mine.
              Hopefully won't be much of a thread, just a motor tune up and swap.

The ski boat I am working on would be a thread, but that would be exhausting to type up haha.

Comment

Lots of good reviews on the new garmin livescope software update. Color limit setting to clean up the screen while keeping the gain high and jig visible.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  Lots of good reviews on the new garmin livescope software update. Color limit setting to clean up the screen while keeping the gain high and jig visible.

https://youtu.be/aP6IdcMfr44
                  Thanks for the heads-up. Can I do it from my laptop or do i need to order it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

You should be able to just download the update to an SD card then update the unit.

Comment

It's a big file so just need good wifi to download and run the exe file on an SD card.

Comment

I opened Active Captain app on my phone and downloaded the update while on WiFi. Then I turn on my Garmin 8612 and connect my phones Active Captain to it and upload the update to the unit from my phone.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                          I opened Active Captain app on my phone and downloaded the update while on WiFi. Then I turn on my Garmin 8612 and connect my phones Active Captain to it and upload the update to the unit from my phone.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                          Thanks Keith

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            It's a big file so just need good wifi to download and run the exe file on an SD card.
                            Thanks

Comment

Thanks

This update doesn’t pertain to deer you feed and don’t shoot. No need in an update for you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                This update doesn’t pertain to deer you feed and don’t shoot. No need in an update for you!!
                                Hell i didn't know you're supposed to shoot them

Comment

Working...
                                X