Cot or air mattress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    I often travel with my own cot. To me, air mattresses transfer too much cold to me and hurt my back too much. They make too much noise when I move, too.
    All of this. Cot is the way to go

Comment

I use this. It is pretty comfortable for me.
      For what its worth, I bought my kid an inexpensive cot at walmart for scouts. He used it once. He said it was better to sleep on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
        Cabelas XXL cot with sleeping bag on top and quilt is not bad at all.
        This, way more comfortable than an air mattress

Comment

Cot, sleeping pad and sleeping bag for me. As stated above, room underneath for your gear.

I despise air mattresses. I always end up on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Neither, get a thick memory foam pad for each of you. It rolls up small and put a sleeping bag on top of it.
            This, and you can put it on a cot if you want even more comfort.

If it's cold an air mattress will freeze your sack off, that air under you is cold. Cots are easier to put a liner pad on and even without it seems to somehow shield better from the cold air. In the mountains I use the cot with a 3" twin memory foam mattress that rolls up and stores and it's nice. You can roll it out on the floor without a cot instead of an air mattress and still be way more comfortable than an air mattress.
            Last edited by justletmein; 01-03-2022, 02:38 PM.

Comment

A cot with an air mattress on top of it is best, if you're not backpacking in to camp. Comfort of an air mattress without being on the ground. Like a bed.

Comment

Cot- with good quality framing and never look back! With an air mattress you never know when it will loose it’s breath!

Comment

air mattress, fo sure

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Cot. You can sit on it and store your bear underneith it. cot.

Depends on the size of the bear! Smaller black bears, sure. Grizzly, Brown and Polar bears won’t fit. Ask me how I know.

Comment

I have used both over the years. Air mattress can be questionable if you get a leak. I found some extra large cots from Colman. These cots are so comfortable. Hope this helps

Comment

As others have mentioned, if you go with a cot add a pad between the cot and bedding/ sleeping bag. If you don’t it’ll be a long miserable (and cold) night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Air mattress on top of a cot.

Comment

SlumberJack

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
                              Cabelas XXL cot with sleeping bag on top and quilt is not bad at all.
                              This. We slept on these for years.

Comment

Cot all the way. Theyre very comfortable with a sleeping bag. Air mattresses to me are very hot and always seem to lose air during the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X