• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    That looks delicious.
    This

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Made it to Pearland to our resting place for next few days. Going to make the trek to Offatts Bayou this afternoon and fish thru until we get tired. Aiming for the dock lights along south shoreline.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fishing is slow.. but life is good

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          The owner of that boat isn't a tbh'er. Him and I played hs football together in 68/69. He does own that cabin on the corners there and he's down at least once a month. His boat was much better looking for a picture of the boys than mine. His son played for Texas back in the Chris Simms Era so the boat got its name from that.
          He fishes down there more than me and that's saying something! Low tides make it even better but the wind just wouldn't stop blowing this year. Another good freeze recovery year. I pulled a nice flounder off his dock pilings a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
            He fishes down there more than me and that's saying something! Low tides make it even better but the wind just wouldn't stop blowing this year. Another good freeze recovery year. I pulled a nice flounder off his dock pilings a couple of weeks ago.
            Well be back down there in 3 weeks. Ten of us that all went to highschool together. We go every August. Been doing it for about 30 years.

Comment

The first picture was before the oven. I made it again tonight. This is after cooking.

What makes this so tasty in my opinion is that once everything cooks and the liquids start to marry, the “broth” the dish puts out is outstanding. Fish, Cajun seasoning, butter, tomato, garlic and the fresh veg
              It gives it a very creole taste.

Part of me wants to emulsify all the ingredients in a blender and make it a sauce, and cook it in a big pot.

But the other part I enjoy is the light texture of the chopped veg. Garlic bread and rice is the ticket guys. I hope someone enjoys this in the future.

We call our redfish bait; Moulet. (moo-lay)
              It’s French, for Mullet.

I’m totally full of crap, but it’s funny to say it all day.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fished a bit late this evening after work and plumbing some camp stuff, doesn't happen often but couldn't buy a bite tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                  Fishing is slow.. but life is good

Very nice picture

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hit Gangs Bayou from before daybreak til now.. nothing. Threw every artificial I had..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post

The first picture was before the oven. I made it again tonight. This is after cooking.

What makes this so tasty in my opinion is that once everything cooks and the liquids start to marry, the “broth” the dish puts out is outstanding. Fish, Cajun seasoning, butter, tomato, garlic and the fresh veg
                      It gives it a very creole taste.

Part of me wants to emulsify all the ingredients in a blender and make it a sauce, and cook it in a big pot.

But the other part I enjoy is the light texture of the chopped veg. Garlic bread and rice is the ticket guys. I hope someone enjoys this in the future.

We call our redfish bait; Moulet. (moo-lay)
                      It’s French, for Mullet.

I’m totally full of crap, but it’s funny to say it all day.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Hey, I come from a French heritage. And used to keep a mu-la'e a few years ago. It was in fa-shone.

Dish looks delicious!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Hully. If your looking for trout the water is hot. Fish anywhere near ICW etc with cooler water. And get there early

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Hully. If your looking for trout the water is hot. Fish anywhere near ICW etc with cooler water. And get there early
                          We ended spending from 8p - 1a on the north canal side of Tiki Island. Each caught a 2 man limit of reds and trout, more sand trout than I could ever ask for.. and a pup black drum..

One helluva night.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                            We ended spending from 8p - 1a on the north canal side of Tiki Island. Each caught a 2 man limit of reds and trout, more sand trout than I could ever ask for.. and a pup black drum..

One helluva night.
                            Thats awesome!

Comment

We tore into em tonight..Eckert bayou.

These were the good ones. We also caught 10+ speckled trout, most under, but some keepers. We had to fight off the sand trout again..

Comment

[QUOTE=hully1029;16331538]We tore into em tonight..Eckert bayou.

These were the good ones. We also caught 10+ speckled trout, most under, but some keepers. We had to fight off the sand trout again..

Congrats Again! Way to go!!

Comment

Working...
                                X