No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like some fine, fine eats right there Glen!! So many folks say the big reds aren't good... They just ain't had a good redfish on the half shell yet!! Cook on the old Chandelleur Islander taught us how to do it... been doing it for close to 30 years... Still one of my favorite ways to eat ANY fish, but especially redfish!!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Have a good friend fishing on me and had to fish this wind. We could not find much of a bite on plastics so I pulled out the cast net and we soaked mullet this evening. Caught a few reds and kept two for the grill. Been a while but with chocolate milk water and 15-20 wind it was better than not catching
      Looks good! I see my buddy Bingo layin there. I hope he got a bite.

Comment

The wife and I managed 4 nice trout in Aransas Pass this past weekend. Decided to do a few diff coatings. Regular cornmeal with salt pepper and some habanero shake. Crushed saltine crackers. Panko bread crumbs.

By far my fav was cornmeal. Crackers second and panko last. It didn’t stick real well.

I need to catch more trout. Stuff is delicious. Leftovers today on a poboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Well I put the boat in the trailer because of wind and someone decided they needed one of my ice chests and my waist life jacket more than me. So get to the ramp and since my life vest was attached to my kill switch we had a problem. Since it’s a plunger kill switch I made due. Put about 4 reds and about 8 black drum in boat. No fish harmed this morning.
            Attached Files

Comment

We knocked out some descent trout pretty easily Wednesday near Baffin. No pics...sorry. Good news is I get to fish with my son in the Billfish Pachanga this weekend. The owner of the boat (Stabilized) invited me on the trip. I have fished it before. Nothing like being on a nice boat for 3 days and two nights with some great men...and I will get to watch Dax at work to boot. I will post pics after the tournament.

Comment

That's some genuine redneck E N GA NEAR N right there!! Still a safety too... Get into trouble, just knock the board out... Hope it don't get too choppy for ya!!

Yea, I hate a dang thief!!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Well I put the boat in the trailer because of wind and someone decided they needed one of my ice chests and my waist life jacket more than me. So get to the ramp and since my life vest was attached to my kill switch we had a problem. Since it’s a plunger kill switch I made due. Put about 4 reds and about 8 black drum in boat. No fish harmed this morning.
                  Great job on the engineering. Thieves suck

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

We've been smoking the trout in Galveston for the last few weeks. Reds have been hard to come by, typically have all our trout by 7:30-8:00am.

Got popped by a sting ray Friday. First time for me and I got lucky, must have been a little guy. Barb didn't stay in me. Got hit on the side of the foot through my wading boot. Entire top of the foot hurt pretty good. Went back to the marina to clean fish and load up and then hit urgent care in Galveston. Toradol and Tetanus shots plus antibiotic. Felt better within a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                      We've been smoking the trout in Galveston for the last few weeks. Reds have been hard to come by, typically have all our trout by 7:30-8:00am.

Got popped by a sting ray Friday. First time for me and I got lucky, must have been a little guy. Barb didn't stay in me. Got hit on the side of the foot through my wading boot. Entire top of the foot hurt pretty good. Went back to the marina to clean fish and load up and then hit urgent care in Galveston. Toradol and Tetanus shots plus antibiotic. Felt better within a few hours.
                      Dang it. Glad your doing better

Mind if I pick your brain? Trying to learn how to fish Galveston and have consistent success

Comment

That urgent care visit, could have paid for a pair of barts bay armor. Glad you didn’t get hot bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that sucks. What kind of boots you wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                            Dang it. Glad your doing better

Mind if I pick your brain? Trying to learn how to fish Galveston and have consistent success

Use croaker.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Use croaker.
                              [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there! No fun! Now I've got Barts!

Comment

Working...
                                X