No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are we going to start seeing the surf get right? Seems like June every year, but I guess the question I’m really asking is what are you experts looking for to be able to predict it? I’m ashamed to say I grew up in Lake Jackson, fished surfside all the time but I never knew if I was fishing the surf or walking into the bay till I drove over the bridge and laid eyes on it.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
      When are we going to start seeing the surf get right? Seems like June every year, but I guess the question I’m really asking is what are you experts looking for to be able to predict it? I’m ashamed to say I grew up in Lake Jackson, fished surfside all the time but I never knew if I was fishing the surf or walking into the bay till I drove over the bridge and laid eyes on it.
      Haha... I did the same thing hundreds of times. If the surf was terrible we'd walk into Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use StormSurf.com as a forecast, but it's not very accurate past a couple days. That and surf cams the evening before. And I also end up wading Christmas a lot too.

Comment

Lol perfect.

Comment

Hit some spoils up along the ICW down near Baffin. Found reds and keeper trout in knee deep water on a heavy feed before the storm. Unfortunately, we got caught in the weather and that pretty much finished our day just shy of our limits. 2 trips I have thrown “the scammer” by Triggered Baits. Very impressed with the action of the bait and how the fish inhale it.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
              Hit some spoils up along the ICW down near Baffin. Found reds and keeper trout in knee deep water on a heavy feed before the storm. Unfortunately, we got caught in the weather and that pretty much finished our day just shy of our limits. 2 trips I have thrown “the scammer” by Triggered Baits. Very impressed with the action of the bait and how the fish inhale it.
              Can you post a picture of one or a link to it? My google fu hasn't been able to turn anything up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Haha... I did the same thing hundreds of times. If the surf was terrible we'd walk into Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
                Ditto, been wading Xmas since early 70s. Only 10# trout I have ever put my hands on came from there.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                  I use Magic Seaweed, and have a subscription with Saltwater Recon to view live surf conditions. That coupled with my learned knowledge of wind and surf conditions, I can pretty much line it up when conditions get right.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    I use Magic Seaweed, and have a subscription with Saltwater Recon to view live surf conditions. That coupled with my learned knowledge of wind and surf conditions, I can pretty much line it up when conditions get right.
                    Note to self: Just ask panhandlehunter.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      Can you post a picture of one or a link to it? My google fu hasn't been able to turn anything up.
                      Sure thing…Click image for larger version

Name:	142A4354-0CDB-4B71-B5CA-9C73C6A5C4D8.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	24685523

Comment

Sure thing…[ATTACH]1090475[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks!

Comment

We went out and boxed a quick limit in 30 mins here in cc
                          Bite has been red hot the last couple months. All on lures at night
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                            We went out and boxed a quick limit in 30 mins here in cc
                            Bite has been red hot the last couple months. All on lures at night
                            Congrats!

Comment

Sure thing…[ATTACH]1090475[/ATTACH]
                              I like that. Gracias.

Comment

Y’all are on the fish pretty good! Hoping to get wet tomorrow and maybe Thursday.

Need to stop hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X