Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the responses

Comment

Learn how to find fish and you'll never ask for a spot. Fish have tails and they use them. That Cpt Glen guy would be a good one for East Matagorda, just say'n.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
        Learn how to find fish and you'll never ask for a spot. Fish have tails and they use them. That Cpt Glen guy would be a good one for East Matagorda, just say'n.
        I wasn’t asking about spots but gaining knowledge

Comment

i'm a back lake redfish guy. From Galveston to Matagorda. If I can help let me know.

Comment

Skinny water today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So we were throwing a cast net this morning and caught some small squid. One cast and got probably 8 or 10 of them 3 to 4 inches long. Niether of us had ever seen that before. I'm just curious if it happens very often to others? This was in the litte bay area at Rockport. I might not be so suprised if it was at the beach or closer to offshore but just seemed strange way back in there. Any thoughts....

Also learned those little dudes have teeth and can bite!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                i'm a back lake redfish guy. From Galveston to Matagorda. If I can help let me know.
                Thanks bud. I appreciate it! We typically spend time around rockport but may be going to Sergent area next summer

Comment

Grant and Daniel will be eating good

The wind laid enough for them to get out in the Gulf
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                    So we were throwing a cast net this morning and caught some small squid. One cast and got probably 8 or 10 of them 3 to 4 inches long. Niether of us had ever seen that before. I'm just curious if it happens very often to others? This was in the litte bay area at Rockport. I might not be so suprised if it was at the beach or closer to offshore but just seemed strange way back in there. Any thoughts....

Bet they would be great bait!

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                      Skinny water today

Congrats!

Comment

It has been quite a while, but we happened on a bunch of flat fish in Sabine Pass many moons ago that were flat choked full of squid. They were throwing them up when we were dropping them in the floor of the boat. This was in the channel on a rise.

Interesting you found them in a back bay away from the gulf or a gulf cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          It has been quite a while, but we happened on a bunch of flat fish in Sabine Pass many moons ago that were flat choked full of squid. They were throwing them up when we were dropping them in the floor of the boat. This was in the channel on a rise.

Interesting you found them in a back bay away from the gulf or a gulf cut.
                          Flounder doing that is kind of crazy too! Curious to see if anybody else has any more stories or info.

Comment

Ive only came across them 1 time. That was at the boat ramp right there on 61st thats puts into offets(?). Castnetting under lights at night there were hundreds. And yes, one of those little buggers latched on the tip of my finger and bit/poked the crap out of me. We ended up using them for bait for gaftop. Never caught one in a net since

Comment

Good Job OSO!

Had a buddy reach out to me if I would take him fishing. Told him what time to meet me and where and was anxious for the next day. (Friday)

Told myself I needed to change the hooks out on my hard baits after fishing Tuesday and seeing most with rusted hooks. Accomplished that and said, I’m fishing all hard baits tomorrow.

As I was getting my stuff ready, I said to hell with those hard baits, I’m throwing tails. Left my hard baits in the truck.

Between my buddy and I, we had over 50 trout, 1 being 18.5” one 21.5”. The rest were 8-15” with a few 15-17”. Fish were in knee deep water along a shoreline with sand, grass, and guts.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                                Good Job OSO!

Had a buddy reach out to me if I would take him fishing. Told him what time to meet me and where and was anxious for the next day. (Friday)

Told myself I needed to change the hooks out on my hard baits after fishing Tuesday and seeing most with rusted hooks. Accomplished that and said, I’m fishing all hard baits tomorrow.

As I was getting my stuff ready, I said to hell with those hard baits, I’m throwing tails. Left my hard baits in the truck.

Between my buddy and I, we had over 50 trout, 1 being 18.5” one 21.5”. The rest were 8-15” with a few 15-17”. Fish were in knee deep water along a shoreline with sand, grass, and guts.

Awesome,
                                I have been using a mirrodine in this stupid wind…lol.

Love the pic of the waves…so true these days

Comment

Working...
                                X