Clear All

Fishing show - who goin??

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
      Fishing show - who goin??
      What day are you going?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going tomorrow sometime. The Trophy Wife isn't up to going this year. I might spend a fortune with no adult supervision.

Comment

Man, I'd love to go... but work calls. You guys give us an update!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
            I'm going tomorrow sometime. The Trophy Wife isn't up to going this year. I might spend a fortune with no adult supervision.
            Lol I hear that - buddy went today lot of $20 custom lures .

I got a few things I might could justify

Comment

I was there today and will be there tomorrow. There was a really good turnout today. I was impressed for day 1 of the show. Looks like a pretty good show too. We stayed busy most of the day so I didn't get to walk around a whole lot but there looked to be quite a few new vendors as well as the ones you usually see there.

Comment

I had a couple new wading rods follow me home. Y'all be careful in there, it's easy to spend money.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                  I was there today and will be there tomorrow. There was a really good turnout today. I was impressed for day 1 of the show. Looks like a pretty good show too. We stayed busy most of the day so I didn't get to walk around a whole lot but there looked to be quite a few new vendors as well as the ones you usually see there.
                  Does the Bay Armour guy have a booth and sale?

I was going to sneak down one day during the week but some other stuff has popped up

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Does the Bay Armour guy have a booth and sale?

I was going to sneak down one day during the week but some other stuff has popped up

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got home from the fishing show. It's worth the cost. A lot of new vendors and new stuff. Nice to meet Cpt Glenn. Visited with a few old friends. I escaped with most of my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Yes

I'll venmo you for a pair

Comment

Not sure I’m going, but I will keep you posted.

Comment

FTU had them for 10% off. They may honor that price at the store .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	61A0301D-3A6A-435E-87CC-324B5E9ECC7D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	24679436Keep gettin’ them, Good eats and they pull like hell.
                              This batch should make about 400lbs of drum total since the beginning of the year. Around 5-6 trips or so. Kinda strange but we caught probably 1/2 dozen keeper specks on fresh dead, they went back into the bay.

Comment

FTU's booth was the only place I saw the Bay Armour boots at the show.

I did not get to go walk the show just a whole bunch but I still saw a couple things I liked. Laguna's new Trident rods felt really, really nice, very light and the action feels great to me. If you are looking for an upper end lure rod this one is worth a look. And I still think their Liquid rods are one of the best values going.

Sarge's rods are always top notch and always worth a look. I don't know if he has anything new but it's hard to pick one up and not be impressed. I had a very good visit with Sarge and after talking to him about rod design and specifically spinning rod guide layout I can tell you he really does know his stuff. You'd be surprised how many rods, even high end rods, do not set up their spinning rod guides correctly. I really liked his Boss and Priest rods. And you won't meet a nicer guy.

Standard Mapping, I think it is called, has satellite imagery overlays for your GPS. I was pretty impressed with the detail but be sure you check out the different versions. Just because a version is newer does not mean it has more detail. I picked one up for my Garmin and I'm looking forward to using it. I think it is going to be pretty useful for me and they are, I think, $100 off at the show. This is an item that really is hard to buy with confidence online without seeing it. It was nice to get to play with the different maps before I bought one.

Seaguar's new 101 braid looks really good. I got some to try. Very small diameter and the right amount of body that I am looking for in a braided line for my lure rods. I think it is going to be a good line but time will tell.

There is a new line of hooks called BKK hooks to be on the look out for. They look pretty dang good. I am not sure what the pricing will be but they look like a really good premium option maybe similar to say Owner. I'm going to try them when they become available.

There was all kinds of new stuff. Lures, clothing, rods, you name it. Seems like there are more new vendors than in years past. It really is a good show this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X