X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've never had any problems catching tailing fish on red/whitetail plastics. I have had schooling redfish with lockjaw.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
        Never had any luck catching them that way either, but have been told they're often keyed in on small crabs when they're tailing, (likely fiddler's) and it takes a crab imitation to get them to eat.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
        This time of year they are on the first of the white shrimp in the back lakes tailing and can be hard to catch on conventional tackle.

Fly rod excels when they are doing that.

You can also hit them right in the nose with a gold spoon or soft plastic, but that can be an iffy proposition.
        Last edited by El General; 09-06-2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Are any of you Galveston Bay guys using the Reef Recon chip? I just got it because I'm going to fish G Bay more. I loaded it and it's got a lot of reefs outlined.

Comment

Made it to POC over the long weekend. Squeezed in a little fishing between storms. My youngest out-fished me as usual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
              Are any of you Galveston Bay guys using the Reef Recon chip? I just got it because I'm going to fish G Bay more. I loaded it and it's got a lot of reefs outlined.
              Interested in a review. I've looked at this and the hook and line card a lot. If I get to the salt more like I'm hoping, I might have to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                Made it to POC over the long weekend. Squeezed in a little fishing between storms. My youngest out-fished me as usual!

That's not hard to do

Good times amigo!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post

Nice! Always great when the youngens take over top position.

Your surf looks weird, it's on the wrong side of the jetty! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Nice! Always great when the youngens take over top position.

Your surf looks weird, it's on the wrong side of the jetty! LOL

Lol. Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      That's not hard to do

Good times amigo!

Truth! [emoji23]

Comment

We caught a few in Rockport on Sunday morning. We got hung in the rain and just waited it out. We got a about a 4 hour window of overcast skies but no rain after that.

Comment

Caught a few yesterday evening dodging storms near Freeport. This poor slob was just the right size so he got a boat ride.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            Interested in a review. I've looked at this and the hook and line card a lot. If I get to the salt more like I'm hoping, I might have to get one.
                            Yes! I have only had it for a few trips, but I love Reef Recon. I have found it to be very accurate. It also shows reefs that I had no idea were there in a bay that I have been fishing my whole life.

It is well worth it in my opinion.

Comment

Finally getting to head south in the morning for a few days of salt therapy. Thursday we are fishing with Jay Watkins super excited for that trip. Hopefully the weather doesn’t act up to much. Good chance of T-storms all weekend.

Comment

Good luck Chris!

Comment

Working...
                                X