Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Night time Rabbit Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night time Rabbit Hunting

Did quite a bit of it in Africa on several occasions. “Hare Pie” is a favorite Camp food for skinners and trackers, they would take as many of them as you could drop off. Good times riding in the back of a Toyota with a .22 getting after them.

[emoji1662]

Comment

There was a lion rescue in my home town. They would pay us a dollar for each jack rabbit we would bring to them skinned. When I was in high school we drank a lot of beer paid for with dead rabbits. Now days every time we go night time rabbit hunting someone shoots a hog.

Comment

We hunted rabbits with a great uncle in south Texas. He had a homemade convertible hunting rig. We would pile in it and hit the pastures. Oh how I miss those times.

Comment

I did with my Dad as a kid. Problem now is we have very few cottontail rabbits on my land in Mills county.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            We used to shoot literally hundreds of them a night at times in west Texas. The good days!
            Funny. We did the same out here. The only limiting factors were ammo and time. Rarely was it ammo.

Comment

I'm sitting here using my thermal monocular to watch for pigs under my feeder.
              I see a heat signature. It's a rabbit. In thought of this thread and almost shot it...

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                We used to shoot literally hundreds of them a night at times in west Texas. The good days!
                Yup. They were crazy thick out there. We cleaned all of them we shot so never killed a hundred but I bet we killed forty or so in thirty minutes on a place in Upton County.

Comment

Best place growing up was the football field at the high school.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

We hunt rabbits and hogs at night at my place north of Edna before and after deer season and everyone has a great time doing it.

Comment

That's how I got started spot lighting rabbits and dove hunting. I been telling my boys how there uncle used to make rabbit jerky and got a dehydrator for Christmas. Guess we're going rabbit hunting.

Comment

The 55, its kinda salty, some of you have hunted whitewings there where WhenWhitewings Attack was born back in the day. Well about 48 years ago Bud still didn’t own that tract. That was back in the day where guns were displayed in the gun case. When Saturday night rolled around Bud would be laid back in his chair relaxing and Legdog and I would begin bothering him relentlessly until he stood up, reached for the gun case keys in his pocket, unlock the cabinet and pull out a couple shotguns. The tree line of the 55 held a strong population of cottontail rabbits at night these hunts repeated themselves, then in high school it became known as the beach(small bonfires) but that’s definitely where it got started. Happy New Year TBH

Comment

Working...
                        X