• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non hunting spouse?

People have those and keep them?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
      Not my wife but someone’s got to say Catchin’ deer!
      My mother in law says that. Cracks me up every time.

Comment

I almost feel sorry for some of you guys……almost…..

Comment

My wife will always ask if I “ caught “ anything when I get back from a trip. Only because she knows how annoyed I get when people ask me that.

Comment

Before my kids were all grown and gone she would say, "are you going hunting again?" with emphasis on the "again".
            Now that they're all grown and gone she just says, "aren't you going hunting?" with a very encouraging tone.
            It's possible I should be more concerned about it than I am, but who am I kidding, I get a pass to hunt anytime I want. No concerns here!! Lol. I went on our anniversary this year for God's sake!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pre bow hunting days for me. I proposed, and she said yes. Then she set the wedding date, and when It hit me I was like...."ummm honey, you do realize Nov 4 is the opening day of Rifle/Deer season"? (At that time)

She said, yup and you won't ever forget our anniversary will ya?

Did have an uncle or two, morning hunt, drive to Garland Tx in full camo, and change at the Church...lol

We've hunted together most of our 26 years together, she gets mad if I DONT go hunt. Love that woman.

Comment

Hadn't thought much about it. When the kids were little they would say 'catch a big one Daddy', and it kinda stuck. Or when I would come in from hunting, 'Daddy did you get one?'. If I came in and told them I needed some help finding one, their eyes would light up brighter than the brightest stars and the race was on getting to the woods.

Comment

A first few time I went dive hunting, I would only shoot 1-2 doves. I missed my share but never hunted a place that were loaded with dove. When I would get home, she would ask how many did I get, I would say 1-2. She always replied "I'm sure glad we are not depending on that for food"

Comment

I always get the “you catch anything?” I always respond with “yea we shot one and tried to set it free but it just didn’t want to run off”

Comment

I was setting the stand one morning texting my wife. I texted her that I hadn't seen any deer yet and the deer must have not remembered about the time change because of daylight savings time. She replied, well how will they find out about it. Before I could reply, she figured it out, but I still tease her about it

Comment

Some of you boys planned very poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First and only time I took my wife dove hunting back before we were married. I put her in camo and handed her the face paint. I get to hunt all by myself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

This would definitely apply to me. I wasn't really hunting much, if at all, when I met wife. I never gave it a thought that she may have a problem with it, or even having guns in the house for that matter. I was keeping all my guns, the few I had at that time, at my parents house and we never really discussed it. After we got married, I brought them home one day and we almost split over it. It took awhile to convince her it was OK and that there really was only one choice, me and hunting or no me at all. I made it a little more subtle than that but she understood. She just did not grow up in a house that hunted or owned guns other than a single shot .410 her dad had for varmints and snakes around the house. She just had a fear of them based on lack of proper knowledge. She finally came around and even likes to shoot on occasion. Still doesn't care to hunt but she'll eat the crap outta some venison. And she loves my mounts hanging all over the house as well. She's more excited than I am to get the two I shot this year back along with the hide she insisted I had tanned.
                            My poor planning turned out pretty well. Probably better than most plans I've made. Well crap that sucks to admit.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I got married on Oct 7. Was supposed to be in Sept but had to be pushed back for some reason I can’t remember. Well, you can imagine that being opening weekend of bow season, that I’ve missed a few while we were on a beach in Mexico or in Napa or Jackson Hole, but I’ve also spent a few hunting with her somewhere cool. I’ve also spent a couple hunting without her. I hunt when I want, where I want, year round if I want. She shops with the same attitude and vigor.[emoji15]

Comment

I once came home with the biggest buck I had ever shot. I was all excited for her to come see it. She came out into the garage, looked at the deer, and promptly says “What’s the difference between that one and the other ones you have hanging in here?”.

I just told her to go back inside and that I would tell someone else who cared about my big buck!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X