Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luckiest or best shots you've ever made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's only 9 so not many shots yet....

Ethan has shot 7 deer and 4-5 hogs all with an xbow. 0 shots with a gun so far (stuck & missed a few hogs w his 26#, 18" draw compound - no recoveries).

But so far I'd say this is his luckiest.

Squirrel at about 25 yds with the de-cocking bolt !

Or maybe it ain't "luck" cuz he puts em where he wants em on deer too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220101-093444_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	372.7 KB
ID:	24673591

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211231-183422_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	24673592

Comment

Luckiest for me: trap with a .22. One shot. One pigeon. I put the gun down and never tried it again.

Luckiest for my brother: He used my 30-30 (unbeknownst to me) to shoot is biggest buck to date at 125 yards. I told him he was lucky because the scope was broken. He didn't believe me so I put a 4x8 sheet of plywood out at 50 yards and told him to aim for the center. Not a single hole in that board.

Comment

Dont have a video or anything but 68 yards on a West Texas wt doe from the 4 wheeler.. lol I had the shot in the bag but wont shoot that far again on a 80# doe.

Comment

September 25, 2021

Wounded Nilgai (belly shot) in a full run.

Shooting off sticks with my 375 H&H and 250 gr ammo.

Rolled him at 275 yards...luckiest shot ever.
          Attached Files

Comment

I was testing groups on different factory loads at 500yds one day and noticed a few jack rabbits hoping around in the back ground. I figured sure why not. So I shot and saw the impact in my reticle (grid or Christmas tree style reticle) I picked that spot in the reticle and held it over the rabbit and nailed it. 782yds
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
              I was testing groups on different factory loads at 500yds one day and noticed a few jack rabbits hoping around in the back ground. I figured sure why not. So I shot and saw the impact in my reticle (grid or Christmas tree style reticle) I picked that spot in the reticle and held it over the rabbit and nailed it. 782yds

Uncle Sam is looking for guys like you bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back when I was a young and dumb around 17 or so. I was riding around shooting coyotes one morning. One darted across the road in front of me out of some thick brush and into an open pasture my dad owned. I floored my truck and took a hard left turn to try and run the ba$tard over first, but when I realize he'd beat me to the property line I hit the brakes, did a hook slide, through the 30-06 out the window and shot. The yote crumpled and probably slid 10yds across the dry coastal and smacked the neighbors fence. I couldn't believe it myself.

Comment

When I was probably 13, I had gotten a little bit of confidence with my bow after killing many deer inside of 20 yards. Had a nice buck some in but would not break 20 yards, so being the sharp shooter I thought I was I drew back on him at about 27 yards (shooting a Diamond bow, probably pulling 35 pounds) and let her fly. At that distance the deer could darn near walk away before my arrow was there. I hit the buck but was not too proud of the shot, called my old man to come help me track it, get on the blood trail and it was like nothing I had ever seen. Turns out the deer had sort of swung his head around towards his vitals, and I had slit his jugular vein, and he didn't go 25 yards. Seems like I was a whole lock luckier back in the day LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RedDogOutdoors View Post
                    When I was probably 13, I had gotten a little bit of confidence with my bow after killing many deer inside of 20 yards. Had a nice buck some in but would not break 20 yards, so being the sharp shooter I thought I was I drew back on him at about 27 yards (shooting a Diamond bow, probably pulling 35 pounds) and let her fly. At that distance the deer could darn near walk away before my arrow was there. I hit the buck but was not too proud of the shot, called my old man to come help me track it, get on the blood trail and it was like nothing I had ever seen. Turns out the deer had sort of swung his head around towards his vitals, and I had slit his jugular vein, and he didn't go 25 yards. Seems like I was a whole lock luckier back in the day LOL
                    Thats cool. I had a similar thing with a hog. This boar came in and was jumpy as all get out. He calmed down and I drew and shot and that sucker flung his head back and around towards his vitals. That arrow hit him about his eye/forehead and sounded like you smacked 2 rocks together.

Comment

I shoot a one pin bow sight. Once ranged a doe at 22. She jumped out to fourty. I aimed a couple of inches high over the shoulder. I shot ans she jumped the string. Arrow would have went a foot over her back, but as she ducked she slung her head back toward her rear end to take off running. The arrow went over her back but caught her right in the back of the head. She dropped dead right there. Not a kick or anything. Could have had a shot at anyone the other three there because they had no idea what happened. Definitely a lucky shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dove at 93 yards with a benjamin springer pellet gun. It took a few shots but I finally saw one of the pellets drop short and was able to adjust my holdover and hit it with the next shot.

Comment

Coyote through the eye with a bow out of a ground blind.

Comment

A few years after I started bowhunting, I was hunting from the ground in a ghillie suit. I had practiced wearing the ghillie suit but it was the first time to hunt wearing it. A doe had come in about 25 yards out, I got drawn back and thought I was clear of the fabric on the ghillie, but when I released, the string caught and made an awful sound. I didn't see where the arrow or the doe went, and from my angle couldn't see any blood or anything to indicate that I had hit the doe. I was hoping it was a clean miss. About 15 minutes later I got up to look around, curious as to where the arrow had gone. There was no blood where the doe was standing, but about 3 yards away was a blood path - about 10 inches wide and it stopped about 20 yards away with the doe piled up. The arrow hit and went through both rear quarters cutting the femoral artery. I trimmed the heck outta the ghillie before suing up again - I can't get that lucky twice.

Comment

TBH Team Austin - Chilling with Heath and family (wonderful folks - thank you Heath!).

EN FUEGO - pressure and all of us didn't choke.

Comment

This was my highlight for the year. I was sitting over a shooting range where I had been putting corn out at 600yds. This guy came out first thing right as I had pulled up and was figuring my elevation. I got excited because I had been looking for him and that was the first sighting. I got on my rifle, shot, and hit low because in my excitement I hadn't dialed in my correct elevation. In a fumbling hurry I dialed in my elevation and he had only ran to the other side of the range clearing with his head up fully alert looking for what the commotion was all about. All I could see was the top of the shoulders, neck, and head. I put the cross hairs on his neck and dropped him like a rock. I was thoroughly excited.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by DuramaxDude; 01-10-2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X