No announcement yet.

Kitchen knifes/set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received a set of Wusthof for Christmas last year and love them.

Comment

We’ve had our Cutco for almost 20 years.

About to send them back to the factory for their second sharpening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Shun. Pricey but worth it IMO.

Comment

My vote goes to Cutco. Some poor college kid has already bugged all his friends/family and just wants to make his $200 back. It’s the time of year to help those folks out.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
            My vote goes to Cutco. Some poor college kid has already bugged all his friends/family and just wants to make his $200 back. It’s the time of year to help those folks out.

Not a fan of their handles at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kitchen knifes/set?

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
              Shun. Pricey but worth it IMO.

What are your thoughts on sharpening/durability? I was looking at those as well. They seem to have a little higher rock wall hardness (60-61) over the henkles and wustof (57-58) but are a slimmer blade. I’ve read they are more prone to chipping over rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                What are your thoughts on sharpening/durability? I was looking at those as well. They seem to have a little higher rock wall hardness (60-61) over the henkles and wustof (57-58) but are a slimmer blade. I’ve read they are more prone to chipping over rolling.

I have not had any issues, but I don't abuse the knives. I use the correct knife for the job. If I need to break bones, I use a knife designed for it. They do have very thin blades, but they feel great when using. Japanese style blades are very popular with professional chefs for a reason. They are super sharp, keep their edge a long long while, fit the hand well, and feel in control. I did invest in some sharpening stones and learned how to do it properly and touch them about once every 4-6 months, at least the knives we use on the regular.

Comment

I can’t have any nice knives, my wife uses them as can openers and screwdrivers… even though we have can openers and a garage full of tools.

Comment

60/61 "might" be more prone to chip, and 58/59 will be more prone to roll, but those numbers by themselves don't tell the whole story. Depending on the steel and HT, either number can be fine. Given the reputation of both Shun and the Germans, I'd expect either one to work well on a cutting board. Advantage to the Shun for board work only and "sharpness", advantage to the Germans for less precise technical work and ease of resharpening.

Comment

another vote for Wustof. Best knives ive owned this far

Comment

Cangshan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My go to are Shun . I have have Shun,cutco ,wustoff Henkel . And a few others .

Comment

Half face blades

Half Face Blades has made simplistic blade designs for consumers who demand the finest products to be used in a variety of settings.
                            Last edited by Big H; 12-20-2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big H View Post
                              Badazz

Comment

I know alot of guys prefer victorinox pearing knives for animal field processing. I've had the same knife for 20 years...

Don't forget a good steel

Comment

Working...
                                X