Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Slinger;16042240]
    Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
    Based on the details I've seen, he might actually be a racist sheriff stealing from illegals.

Just curious…what did you see that made you think he might actually be a racist sheriff? It seems to me that it’s not just illegals that he’s cracking down on. This just happens to be what’s in the spotlight right now. To me, as I’ve said before it seems that the main ones that have issues with him are the ones that have had contact with him due to their wrong doings. Right or wrong it will eventually all come to light.
    He reportedly has a history of taking large amounts of money from illegal aliens in apparently questionable ways. He certainly could be a racist sheriff. Maybe just a crooked sheriff picking the low hanging fruit. Or maybe neither of those, and he's only cleaning up crime and he's being targeted unfairly. Like I said, I'll be curious to see what the evidence shows.
    Last edited by bullets13; 01-13-2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post

He reportedly has a history of taking large amounts of money from illegal aliens in apparently questionable ways. He certainly could be a racist sheriff. Maybe just a crooked sheriff picking the low hanging fruit. Or maybe neither of those, and he's only cleaning up crime and he's being targeted unfairly. Like I said, I'll be curious to see what the evidence shows.
      I understand what “might” meant in your first comment.

Let’s see, you said he…

might be a racist sheriff

might have done nothing wrong

might have done something wrong but it was a mistake meaning not something with intent.

I took that to mean, anything could be true because we really don’t know yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
        I agree that true harsh punishment would be a deterrent for most criminals. But I wouldn’t just use it on illegals. Why not deter all criminals that way since not even majority of crimes in the US are committed by illegals. Fools do not stop and think “ if I do this I’m breaking a law and may go to jail”. However if they new their **** would be cut off and shoved down their throat I think many would be deterred. Precisely why I don’t believe in the death penalty because it’s full of wasted taxpayer money in appeals and decades on the row, not to mention the ease and which we put fools to sleep first. Cut their heads off on steps of capital on live TV. We all know this would never happen on this country for many reasons. I certainly don’t think taking money from illegals deters anything at all.

Not without also being deported. Sending them home broke would end it real quick. Ultimately the politicians and their owners want them here. My heart goes out to the innocent ones and the children but that doesn’t tip the scales enough to make up for the dark side of it. The answer is simple. Legal work visas with a path to permanent residency and maybe citizenship for honest people. Literally every other country in the world has to do it that way except a handful of Central American countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
          Not without also being deported. Sending them home broke would end it real quick. Ultimately the politicians and their owners want them here. My heart goes out to the innocent ones and the children but that doesn’t tip the scales enough to make up for the dark side of it. The answer is simple. Legal work visas with a path to permanent residency and maybe citizenship for honest people. Literally every other country in the world has to do it that way except a handful of Central American countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It’s a cycle and they come right back. Taking their money and/or vehicles may mean it takes them longer to come back but they be swimming as quickly as they can. This is not a deterrent in my opinion. Same as War on Drugs. And we pay for it.

Comment

Working...
          X