No announcement yet.

Finishing the season with a good one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Pistol on a great bow deer. Always nice to finish out the season on a high note

Comment

Beauty! Congrats

Comment

Congrats Pistol ! That’s a great buck ! Best of all, you’ve recovered from your fall and now you’ll be a menace to all deer and hogs……..

As for the blood trail, who knows ? Strange stuff sometimes happens when you loose an arrow or pull a trigger. The main thing is that y’all found him with some canine help !

Comment

Very nice. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats! any late-season deer is a bonus.

from the top view, tips are really close together. Front view, they don't look that close. just curious.

Comment

That's awesome. Congrats.

Comment

That’s a good deer anywhere! Congrats!!

Comment

The recovery team

The wound was in the center of the back.

Comment

Congratulations, nice deer.

Comment

Buck

I believe I've seen that buck on one of my cameras, how far do u hunt from
                        Buckholts?

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                        I am using 100 grain Ramcat. Pass through both lungs, arrow was laying right where he was standing when he was hit. I think the direction of the angle made him bleed internally. The wound you see is actually the exit. The entry was just behind the left shoulder. When we found him, there was very little blood on the ground either. We looked the next day in daylight and still didn't find any blood, knowing the path he took.

Comment

Great buck

Comment

Great buck congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Congrats on a great buck Stacey! That smile says it all!

I had a similar blood trail (or lack of) yesterday evening on a doe. Found one pinhead sized spot. Heart shot. And arrow cam out slightly higher, mid-shoulder height. Arrow was 5 yards past where she stood. I found her about 100 yards. She was moving after the shot. I took the trail direction she was running. She was leaning left. So I got off the trail at that point and eased my way. Then I smelled deer. And turned into the breeze. She was 20 yards from me. That makes the second deer I've found due to smell.
                              That's incredible - because I can't smell s*** unless I am standing on it LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                Congrats Pistol ! That’s a great buck ! Best of all, you’ve recovered from your fall and now you’ll be a menace to all deer and hogs……..

As for the blood trail, who knows ? Strange stuff sometimes happens when you loose an arrow or pull a trigger. The main thing is that y’all found him with some canine help !
                                Yes, I have had an amazing comeback from a nearly catastrophic injury last year. I am truly blessed!!
                                We use the dogs 100% for every track job, even the 40 yard tracks. They earn the easy tracks when they work the hard ones

Comment

Working...
                                X