Finishing the season with a good one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Stacey

Just out of curiosity what broadhead were you shooting?

Did it bounce back out or pass through?

Comment

Nice buckā€¦.Congrats on the bow kill. Cool brows on him.

Comment

Congrats y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Congrats Stacey

Just out of curiosity what broadhead were you shooting?

Did it bounce back out or pass through?
          I am using 100 grain Ramcat. Pass through both lungs, arrow was laying right where he was standing when he was hit. I think the direction of the angle made him bleed internally. The wound you see is actually the exit. The entry was just behind the left shoulder. When we found him, there was very little blood on the ground either. We looked the next day in daylight and still didn't find any blood, knowing the path he took.
          Last edited by Pistol; 12-20-2021, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Congratulations young lady. Great deer.

I met another young lady, who looks like your twin, at the truck stop last night... even gave her a hug. [emoji16][emoji41]

For the record, picked up something to express back to Ft. Worth. You two are good people.

Comment

Congrats on a nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post

I met another young lady, who looks like your twin, at the truck stop last night... even gave her a hug. [emoji16][emoji41]

For the record, picked up something to express back to Ft. Worth. You two are good people.
                Haha... that happens all the time!

Comment

Awesome buck, congrats on the kill and recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations Stacey !!! Very nice !!

Our late season starts today. It combines late archery and late muzzle loader. Hunters with unfilled archery tags are legal or you can buy a late muzzle loader tag and hunt with archery equipment or certain pistol calibers (.35 caliber and above).

I may do some scouting sits. I won't shoot one unless he is bigger than anything I have ever killed. We are out of freezer space with two bucks down. Weather is supposed to be in the 40s and 50s for highs all week. Not bad for late December in the Midwest.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post

One of the best hugs I've had in a long time, too! Thanks, Alan.

Congrats to Pistol for a fine buck! Shot was perfect and I'm not entirely sure why we didn't get a blood trail and I'm blown away that he went 162 yards with a double lung shot, but he did. I've seen a lot of weird stuff this year.

Comment

Congratulations!! That's a fine looking buck.

Comment

Nice buck, congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on a great buck Stacey! That smile says it all!

I had a similar blood trail (or lack of) yesterday evening on a doe. Found one pinhead sized spot. Heart shot. And arrow cam out slightly higher, mid-shoulder height. Arrow was 5 yards past where she stood. I found her about 100 yards. She was moving after the shot. I took the trail direction she was running. She was leaning left. So I got off the trail at that point and eased my way. Then I smelled deer. And turned into the breeze. She was 20 yards from me. That makes the second deer I've found due to smell.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-20-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

That's great....Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X