Auto chip shortage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
    Lol! There's a vehicle shortage in Texas.No shortage elsewhere.The chip shortage is similar to the jab��
    I guess Obama is running things then. He never missed a chance to stick it to Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      My buddy owns a jeep dodge dealership. He tells me there is zero rhyme or reason as to when vehicles on order are getting built and shipped. Some people are getting their vehicles built in a reasonable time frame and others are waiting forever. I ordered a Jeep Grand Wagoneer mid June and they just gave me a ship date of December 22 about a week and a half ago. I'll believe it when I see it. I ordered a Ram 1500 about a month ago. He told me it would be between 6-16 weeks to get it in. He then told me he was just pulling those numbers out of his ***, lol. Dont blame your dealers for delays, lack of communication, etc. This is all on the factories.
      This is the very thing i hear from my friends in the industry even the 50plus year vets

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol! There's a vehicle shortage in Texas.No shortage elsewhere.The chip shortage is similar to the jab��
        That’s weird… I travel 14 states for work and it seems the shortage extends beyond texas

Comment

I’m wondering how the new 22 Tundras will do.? If they will get many on the lots. I have seen a couple advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
            I’m wondering how the new 22 Tundras will do.? If they will get many on the lots. I have seen a couple advertised.
            Last i heard was toyota has a lead time of close to 40 weeks on trucks

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
              I've heard (second hand from a supposedly "in the know" resource in the car business) that a lot the 2021s will be crushed, to make room for 2022s.
              Do you honestly believe that?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post

Comment

My buddy owns a jeep dodge dealership. He tells me there is zero rhyme or reason as to when vehicles on order are getting built and shipped. Some people are getting their vehicles built in a reasonable time frame and others are waiting forever. I ordered a Jeep Grand Wagoneer mid June and they just gave me a ship date of December 22 about a week and a half ago. I'll believe it when I see it. I ordered a Ram 1500 about a month ago. He told me it would be between 6-16 weeks to get it in. He then told me he was just pulling those numbers out of his ***, lol. Dont blame your dealers for delays, lack of communication, etc. This is all on the factories.
                  I would guess they are running production runs on volume and what their inventory will support for complete builds. Not necessarily on what order has been in longest.

Comment

Auto chip shortage?

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                    What did you order ? I’ve got a buddy at work that ordered one with the blackout package back in April and still has nothing. I originally had the factory spray in bedliner in the build.. a few weeks went by and I never heard anything. I then took the bedliner off and bam, I got a build date a few days later. I would remove adaptive steering, bedliner and 5th wheel prep if you have it on there

Lariat Ultimate Sport, amp power steps because they can’t put the regular power steps on a sport.

I do have the Bed liner but didn’t do a sunroof on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by Black Ice; 12-19-2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Seeing as how I live in Florida and bought my three that still aren’t here yet in Louisiana, and I work in the Carolinas and all along the coast...I’m thinking just how wrong you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        I would guess they are running production runs on volume and what their inventory will support for complete builds. Not necessarily on what order has been in longest.

Probably so but my point is there is zero communication with the dealership and the customer. Lack of communication with the customer is a poor way to run a business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          I was going to order a BMW X5M and a F-250 mid August but the BMW dealership had one come in with 6k miles on it so we bought it. I ordered my F-250 the same day and still don’t have a build date yet.

I’m about to build another one with another dealership because I’m losing faith with the one I ordered from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          I don't believe it is the dealer. It is your options. Keep up with this one the ford sites & one dealer updates on their orders. Some with certain options ordered several months are still waiting, some with plainer trucks are already delivered. i ordered from the same dealer you did. mine is already on the way. Mine is a plain XLT. very few options.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post

Seems as accurate as anyone else's guess . Who would have dreamed of some of the stuff that's occurred over the last 2 years? But, I have no idea, we're all guessing..........

Comment

Probably so but my point is there is zero communication with the dealership and the customer. Lack of communication with the customer is a poor way to run a business.

It is hard to communicate something when you might not know when you are going to get components or what you are told changes daily.

I am in manufacturing and I live this reality every day.

Yes, it is VERY frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                                It is hard to communicate something when you might not know when you are going to get components or what you are told changes daily.

I am in manufacturing and I live this reality every day.

Yes, it is VERY frustrating.

My entire career was spent in manufacturing including owning my own business with 600 people in three countries. My customers were never left wondering about an order they placed. It’s not hard to say hey we haven’t forgot about you but certain parts are still not showing up. I get these are weird times but that makes communication even more important. Months on end of zero communication isn’t acceptable. At least to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X