tp@wd closing oyster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
    Contact......Bill Balboa with the Matagorda Bay Foundation; he’s a great guy with a heart of gold trying to protect what we have left of Matagorda Bay, tell him your concerns about whatever bothers you! Mine is freshwater, nothing survives without it

The mouth of the trinity is a problem

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
      The mouth of the trinity is a problem
      Galveston Bay Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
        TP&W is at fault .......not the fishermen, you can’t have a sustainable resource if you don’t have a steady influx of fresh water, TP&W has allowed our Bay system to become hyper/salinity ! How? By not stopping the sale of fresh water headed down stream to supply the estuaries and Bays, TP&W is one of the most incompetent agencies/institutions in the state of Texas, run by bafoons with textbook answers

TPWD has no authority to dictate water (as a resource) flow/utilization. They only dictate usage for some of the resources IN the water.

There are other agencies that control water flow/utilization. For all we know, TPWD may be begging them daily to allow more water into the bays. If they tell TPWD to pound sand, them’s the breaks until the legislature forces someone’s hand.

TPWD is certainly not perfect, but we can’t blame them for everyone else’s failings on top of their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
          TPWD has no authority to dictate water (as a resource) flow/utilization. They only dictate usage for some of the resources IN the water.

There are other agencies that control water flow/utilization. For all we know, TPWD may be begging them daily to allow more water into the bays. If they tell TPWD to pound sand, them’s the breaks until the legislature forces someone’s hand.

TPWD is certainly not perfect, but we can’t blame them for everyone else’s failings on top of their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Do you think I fell off a turnip truck..... I never once said TP&W has any authority over water usage, my point is they have done nothing in the past nor now! They do not have a contingency plan for anything, TP&Ws mission statement is To Conserve and Protect, they do this by closures and limits , not solutions

Comment

Love the Oysters from down around Palacios,Tx. Fillips In Danbury has them on the menu.

Comment

The boats all moved to Rockport it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Feathershredder View Post
                They need to issue more private leases. The public/ open bay reefs are a free for all - Exploitation of South Dollar Reef - YouTube
                That looks like Texoma circa 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  The boats all moved to Rockport it looks like.
                  Yep they’re all heading farther south. The oysters we got in on Thursday were nice but expensive. It won’t take long until the systems down south are over harvested with to much pressure.

Comment

Crossing the Fulton bridge Friday I saw at least 40 boats

Comment

Working...
                    X