Storing jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing jerky

For those of you that make their own jerky and store some for later, what method do you use?
    I vacuum seal my extra and freeze them until I need them.
    If you don’t plan on eating it for a month or two, I would guess it would have to be kept in the freezer until needed? Or could it be kept in the fridge if vacuum sealed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep my vacuum sealed in the freezer. Stays good for awhile

Comment

I never have any last that long without being eaten.

Comment

I vacuum seal and put in a freezer zip lock bag then freeze it. Have some elk jerky from last November that I am eating now.

Comment

In my house it takes 10 hrs to make. And 10 minutes to eat

Comment

Freeze it.

Comment

I just put mine in the freezer in a zip lock. No water to freezer burn. Last a long time in the freezer, no preservatives.

Comment

To this date we have never experienced leftover jerky in my house but in for feedback. Wonder how long it would last vacuum sealed with oxygen absorbers like the store bought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vac seal and freeze. Never gone past a couple of months til its gone so no clue how long it lasts past that. I would assume as long as any other vac sealed meat.

Comment

Storing jerky

We make a lot around here and there’s just two of us. I’ve never had to do anything more than throw in it a freezer ziploc and pull it out and put in fridge as needed. A couple of gallon bags at a time or I’ll break it down in quart bags. It never lasts long enough to make a difference. I have a vacuum sealer as well but I just don’t need it in this case. Plus it’s easier to open and close as you grab some.
                    Last edited by Smart; 12-16-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

I always vacuum seal and freeze what I don`t eat in a couple of days.

Comment

[ATTACH]1074258[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1074259[/ATTACH]
                        Last edited by Smart; 12-16-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

The only way I would ever have to worry about storing jerky is if I made it without being seen and hid it really well.

Comment

Just freezer baggies for me. Get out as needed. I’m sure I’ve had some that’s been frozen for six months or more. Never had an issue.

Comment

vacuum seal and freeze.

Comment

Working...
                              X