Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Backup generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know where I can get a 25 foot cord?
    Attached Files

Comment

Discover VEVOR 25Ft 50 Amp Generator Extension Cord STW 6/3 + 8/1 Generator Cord 125V 250V Generator Power Cord N14-50P & SS2-50R & CS6364 Twist Lock Connectors, 12500W High Performance and 25 FT Reliable Cable at lowest price, 2days delivery, 30days returns.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        What's that running someone these days?
        $1500?

I charge $850 including all materials and labor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

You're sailin yourself short .
          Some of these switches people want, run $1000 plus.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            You're sailin yourself short .
            Some of these switches people want, run $1000 plus.

That’s for a 50a interlock and an inlet box.

Comment

That’s right about where I am as well. Depending on location of panel to where they want the plug and length of cord.
              Last edited by Slinger; 12-14-2021, 08:23 PM. Reason: Can’t spell…

Comment

I had a company come out to give me a quote for a manual transfer switch, I was going to mount the external hookup and mount the transfer switch box but not connect anything, all they would have had to do was connect the wires and inspect the whole setup, they quoted me $1700 for that alone.

Couldn't tell if they were serious or if it was a "Leave us alone" quote.

Its very simple and I know I can do it myself without issue, but was wanting the hookup covered by their insurance in case of a freak accident.

I need to make friends with a licensed and insured electrician

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
                  That’s right about where I am as well. Depending on location of panel to where they want the plug and length of cord they want.

I don’t include cord. Cord and generator is on customer. I also recommend a whole home surge protector on every install. If they don’t want to spend the money I recommend a 50a RV surge protector to plug into generator first, then run cord to inlet box.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie13 View Post
                    I had a company come out to give me a quote for a manual transfer switch, I was going to mount the external hookup and mount the transfer switch box but not connect anything, all they would have had to do was connect the wires and inspect the whole setup, they quoted me $1700 for that alone.

Couldn't tell if they were serious or if it was a "Leave us alone" quote.

Its very simple and I know I can do it myself without issue, but was wanting the hookup covered by their insurance in case of a freak accident.

I need to make friends with a licensed and insured electrician

I will be your friend! (If you move closer) lol

Comment

I will be your friend! (If you move closer) lol

I'll hit ya up if I ever move!

Comment

I don’t include cord. Cord and generator is on customer. I also recommend a whole home surge protector on every install. If they don’t want to spend the money I recommend a 50a RV surge protector to plug into generator first, then run cord to inlet box.

I’m small time so we do fine including the cord but not the generator. Lol. I’m at about 9,000.00 installed on a 22kw generac with automatic transfer switch.

Comment

I’m small time so we do fine including the cord but not the generator. Lol. I’m at about 9,000.00 installed on a 22kw generac with automatic transfer switch.

You include gas line in that price?? If so that’s a good deal!

Comment

But for an extra $50 I could include a cord but the money isn’t why I don’t provide it.

Comment

After reading these comments and how much it’s going to cost, I’m glad I know people.

Comment

You include gas line in that price?? If so that’s a good deal!

It’s included if within about 25 ft of the gas meter or propane tank.

But for an extra $50 I could include a cord but the money isn’t why I don’t provide it.

Understood..

Comment

Working...
                                X