No announcement yet.

Let's talk tractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can 20% MSRP on a Kubota tractor with equine discount program. National cutting horse association is free membership for a year.

My buddy saved $10,000 and pretty much upgraded to a cab model for the same price. Plus they discount some implements I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
      So how are you comparing them? How often are you buying the same parts?

Service rate cant be compared as every shop thats owned by a different company has a different hourly rate.
      I'm comparing regular PM (preventative maintenance) parts such as oil filters, fuel filters, air filters, cabin filters, hoses, as well as cab glass for doors windows, (don't ask about how those got broken) things of that nature that we change regularly on all equipment, and equipment that while is not exactly the same in size (Kubotas are more HP than the JD machines we run), there is a noticeable price difference in the green and yellow parts. However, like I said, we do that work ourselves so we are not putting them in the shop waiting for someone else to do the work. We just buy the parts. Our JD shop is not as fast at getting OEM parts as the Kubota house here locally. We buy parts from both regularly.
      We also cannot afford to have equipment down, especially during hay season. Our Kubota guys locally are great about coming out to service if we need help on something though.

Comment

Good luck finding one. We were in the market for a 100hp cab 4x4 and the dealers didn’t have much. I liked the Massey the best but ended up with a Case 110C because that is what was available and didn’t have to wait. The Case seems fine so far, but doesn’t have enough hours on it to form an opinion. Good Luck.

Comment

I see alot of the Mennonite farmers in our area running the JD equipment for their large scale stuff, custom ordered with no radios. But, they also run Case as well. It's to each their own. However, from the items we personally tend to buy year in and year out, the green and yellow parts hurt the pocketbook a little more in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by AWnNETX View Post
            I'm comparing regular PM (preventative maintenance) parts such as oil filters, fuel filters, air filters, cabin filters, hoses, as well as cab glass for doors windows, (don't ask about how those got broken) things of that nature that we change regularly on all equipment, and equipment that while is not exactly the same in size (Kubotas are more HP than the JD machines we run), there is a noticeable price difference in the green and yellow parts. However, like I said, we do that work ourselves so we are not putting them in the shop waiting for someone else to do the work. We just buy the parts. Our JD shop is not as fast at getting OEM parts as the Kubota house here locally. We buy parts from both regularly.
            We also cannot afford to have equipment down, especially during hay season. Our Kubota guys locally are great about coming out to service if we need help on something though.
            I understand and you are probably right on those parts. Consider this most filters for JD are made domestically by Donaldson or Baldwin. Oil is probably exxon or chevron. Im willing to bet most filters kubota has are sourced from china. Also no telling on oil same with JD.

So all of that is sourced. Also Kubota doesnt have near the amount of volume of different models etc over the years to keep up with and model changes. So parts should fit more models.

Glass who knows im sure its domestic as well. To me it just seems really hard to argue one persons parts is higher than others is all im getting at.

I know JD and Cat have essentially created alot of their own oils filter specs etc so they spent alot of RD time on that. Just makes you wonder are they really apples to apples parts to compare.

Comment

OP, do you know anyone that has at least one or two of these brands that you could try out first, before you buy? It may narrow your field down a lot. May hate the Kubota and love the Massey.
              just saying ...

Comment

I just recently purchased my second kubota and was very surprised by the large price difference between different dealers I have 4 within 50 miles I saved $5000 by checking
                Never will own anything green again I paid over $100 for a seal kit to rebuild a hydraulic cylinder it was just a handful of O rings and a seal I could of walked out of NAPA for less than $20

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  I don't think you could go wrong with Mahindra, heard many good reports on them. I like the Kubota myself. John Deere way high on parts, equipment, etc. etc.
                  Kubota is twice as much for parts. Got a M9540 and SVL75 at the house. Our Kubota dealership is outrageous.
                  Last edited by Arrowthreat; 12-09-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

There is a reason orange ans green are empty while lots of red are everywhere

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                      Heck ive bee seeing them under 3K hrs more like the 100K range. Its stupid.
                      This one has 4200 hrs and paid 78,000.00, it was listed for 79,900.00

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        I bought one new. It has been a piece of crap. I own orange, blue and green. I’d never ever buy an under 100 hp green again.
                        Hard to believe, got 4 that bought new and all here over 10,000 hrs with minimal problems. If it’s got a cab and you still got it I’d be interested in buying it?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                          Kubota is twice as much for parts. Got a M9540 and SVL75 at the house. Our Kubota dealership is outrageous.
                          well, whatever. You can't say that as a general statement. They're(Kubota) NOT here. I can find Kubota parts on Amazon all day but they are higher than the dealer.
                          Yeah, all parts are high but JD is for a fact higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlehorse View Post
                            I just recently purchased my second kubota and was very surprised by the large price difference between different dealers I have 4 within 50 miles I saved $5000 by checking
                            Never will own anything green again I paid over $100 for a seal kit to rebuild a hydraulic cylinder it was just a handful of O rings and a seal I could of walked out of NAPA for less than $20
                            Dont go buy cylinder rebuild kits for your kubota then at kubota. you will experience the same.

My question is if you knew they was $20 at napa why didnt you go buy them there? Most likely because you didnt know exactly what they where. And napa is not going to have the rod gland and wiper seals. Now you might could have went to a seal shop and got everything for 40-60$.

Never going to buy green just because of that is silly. I promise you will run into the same scenario with all brands.

Comment

Nothing runs like a deer. Best ever made IMHO. I have a a 4WD 5210. Dependable, tough, dealers everywhere when you need a part. Have had no major issues and its a 2007
                              Last edited by twright; 12-10-2021, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Good thread to hear opinions. Burwabit wants a Kubota M5. There's a dealer near us in Normangee.

Comment

Working...
                                X