Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land Surveyor, 22 years.

Comment

I did almost 30 years in the industrial / midstream I&E from helper all the way up to PM. When oil went negative I went and got my CDL and started driving a truck OTR. It has added years to my life!

Comment

Bank Manager

Looking for a change soon I think.

Comment

police for 16 years, wish i had gone to a fire department.

Comment

Machinist from 1997-June of 2001, been a sales rep for Machine shop since then. WOW been 20 years in sales. DANG time fly's when your having fun

Comment

Went to School for Business and IT. Got a job in the corporate world and it didn’t work out how I hoped. Now I am a landscape contractor and about to but my fathers lawn business. I’ve also started a General Contracting side hustle and investing in rental properties. I’m young and have some very big dreams. I’ll be lying if I said I didn’t want to quit sometimes because it’s overwhelming but I know if I work hard now one day I won’t have to I’m preparing for that as long as God permits. I know I’m going on about this but maybe I can make an impact to someone who’s on the ropes hanging on waiting to catch a break when it finally works out!

Comment

I'm pretty good at drinking cold beer .. just sayn..

Comment

Whats your career??

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                  Retired Military 2000 / 1980 - 2000
                  Technology background = analog to digital conversions then - Unix administrator - Telecommunications (HF UHF VHF SATCOM) Commercial Maritime and US DOD systems pre Internet ( SIPERNet - the Internets Network routing beginnings - Classified Info system used for then Classified GOVN data). Pre and post Internet

Hired by a .com startup in Austin 2000 - started TBH - after moving to Texas from Seattle as a civilian

IT Director for Charles Schwab - 600 million buck acquisition of Cybercorp.com to CyberTrader.com to Charles Schwab Street Trader Pro

NASDAQ Day traders - created in 1993 - Internet launched 1995 - I hired with this start-up and rode it to the bank. 2005 - moved on to Dell and Toshiba & Phillips Medical support contracts - tying radiology systems into Japan via VPN secure tunnels - Dell pre-virtualization scoping and implementations late 2000s which was the core to today's

CLOUD COMPUTING INFRASTRUCTURE

Joined a company in San Antonio in 2010 = still here

Then 10 million income and 3000 TEXAS ONLY CUSTOMERS - pre PREMISE CLOUD

Today nearly 30 million - 8000 - 10000 Customers and we haven't moved into DFW yet....Houston was last year and we need to add 4 more locations to cover the load

Not retired = work from home and the CIO for the firm that has blown up 12 million plus, with me at the IT Helm

I will get a check from multiple sources till I can't breath

I've worked IT for 38 or 39 years non-stop. 1983 to now - uniform and office to remote and perpetually = nothing has changed except for the decades of Technical evolution - CISCO HP DELL MICROSOFT VMWARE - dedicated point to point fiber circuits = dedicated to support each region - private public cloud with about 80 fleet vans and service folks - taking care of COOKING IN TEXAS.

Working with Tesla - SpaceEx - AT&T - Spurs - Six Flags - 5 Star Restaurants - HEB - Whataburger et al - we keep them cooking and I'm the glue that ties eCommerce = Mobile Networks for service personnel - call center and dispatch ops - servers - network - VoIP Cisco phone and routing, Database, Cyber Security - firewalls routers dns - the entire SOB

Busy and always connected but - I have a system with support co-workers - and each of them are learning from me as we push along and fight these GD HACKS that are on a full scale assault against USA interests.

The Connected INET world needs leadership and POLICY NOW! Many of us are fighting WWIII on the INET Backbone, as American's fight with one another over Politics and Covid with a wide open BORDER

And with these failing policies and cyber criminal enforcement against known bad actors - who all have to connect to the continental usa via transoceanic fiber cable - firewall these clowns before they hit our networks in LA and SEATTLE from ASIA & RUSSIA

I'm still fighting = and not many drink from a FIREHOSE DIRECTLY CONNECTED THE INTERNET'S BACKBONE

My Cisco ASA firewalls working with a Cisco Firepower Virtual Machine - tied into VLan segmentation network routes filtered for 3389 port access inbound.

In layman's terms - the Chinese connections = ALL US CHICOM CYBER SOLDIERS ATTACKING USA BUSINESSES - This is my core network and our prescence on the www via AT&T's initlal ICANN Public IP registrations - CLASS A SUBNET - big fish on the wire from a technical perspective because we've been registered from the INET beginning

SPAM - RANSOMWARE = FIREWALL Management - I've filed 6 separate FBI level hack reports with hackers who are one step from getting payroll routing EXTORTED to BS hack accounts masquerading as inside employees et al etc

So the knowledge of known traffic patterns in conjunction to the WILD WILD WEST world of the INET - funding hackers via BITCOIN accounts to those who get extorted .

It's not a pretty world on the wire and cyber crime pays - if you live in MOSCOW etc etc etc

Pretty impressive resume. It's rare that you find someone with all these skills and talents spread across multiple disciplines within large environments. If you ever want to leave the comforts from you C suite let me know.

I do know of someone that is looking for a Network guru with a CCIE.

Comment

Underpaid, overqualified, high school chemistry teacher forced to supplement my income, just so I can support my family, by producing and distributing crystal meth.

Oh, the high jinks we get into....I swear, someone could make a TV show about my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      “Worlds largest” subtle brag
                      not anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                        Underpaid, overqualified, high school chemistry teacher forced to supplement my income, just so I can support my family, by producing and distributing crystal meth.

Oh, the high jinks we get into....I swear, someone could make a TV show about my life.
                        Need any help? My name is Jesse and I think I'm a former student of yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post

Hahaha!

Comment

I collect mailbox money. Or at least I did. Direct deposit took my job away.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              not anymore
                              lulz

Comment

I started my own business Sniper Hog Lights back in 2008 and still going strong. Before that I was a contact splicer for AT&T for 10 years. Before that I repaired Arcade Video games and Pinball machines for 7 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X