No announcement yet.

Disappointed With Police Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A reminder to make your vote count. Police funding should be a top priority of who you vote for. De-funding police should get an immediate NO vote.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad your wife was okay and thanks for posting this. It sure makes you think about slow police response times for all kinds of situations.

Comment

Houston has been turning into a cesspool for years.

Comment

I'm glad you wife is okay.

Comment

It’s not the officers fault that have chosen to stay in Houston. They have a mayor that hates them.

Comment

OP, sorry this happened.

Actually have me scratching my head. I've got a wife and two college aged daughters, and probably need to discuss this with them. I think staying in the car to wait for the Police to show up is the best option, and he get's really bad drive off.

Don't think any of my ladies are ready for a pistol.

Comment

He would have looked like Swiss cheese when my wife got through with him! Happy your wife is OK!

Comment

Glad your wife is ok but please get her to a chance class and make her start carrying. It's her first line of defense and her God given right. At the end of the day it's up to ourselves to provide protection.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                    A reminder to make your vote count. Police funding should be a top priority of who you vote for. De-funding police should get an immediate NO vote.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                    So can I assume taxes are cheap since police are underfunded?

This is the main issue IMO.. They let everything go to crap so they can ask for more money, squander it then repeat.

It's so sad an honest person needs to lie to LEO or 911 to get the help they not only need but freaking pay/paid for over the years.

Comment

It's just an indication of how understaffed a lot of urban PDs are today. Dallas has been more than 800 officers short for years. They don't respond to most property crimes simply because they don't have the manpower. They can barely handle all the high priority calls.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                        OP, sorry this happened.

Actually have me scratching my head. I've got a wife and two college aged daughters, and probably need to discuss this with them. I think staying in the car to wait for the Police to show up is the best option, and he get's really bad drive off.

Don't think any of my ladies are ready for a pistol.
                        I know a lot of TBHers will talk crap.. But most women wouldn't do well with a gun in this case. Heck it would probably make things worse. And even if she was woman enough to use it that would cause all sorts of problems. A gun is a no win IMO unless it's needed to save ones life. But even then the bad guys not going to give a warning so still low odds the gun would even help.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                          Glad your wife is ok but please get her to a chance class and make her start carrying. It's her first line of defense and her God given right. At the end of the day it's up to ourselves to provide protection.

What ****** me off is I’ve spent thousands on training classes. She’s had one on one training with SWAT officer and a SEAL. She’s done room clearing courses, vehicle courses, she can flat run a gun. But she’s lazy and wasn’t carrying because she “didn’t feel like it.” She’s carrying today though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In

Comment

I have always told my wife and son to stay in the car call me after they call 911. In most cases the people involved are ****** and react like crazy people blaming each other. The best thing is stay in the car until a police officer gets there to keep this from happening.

Comment

I told my wife - it’s just a car.

1. You get a flat tire - drive the **** thing into a parking lot or way, way off the road. I don’t care if it tears up a rim or destroys the suspension; we have insurance, and if need be, we’ll get a lawyer.

2. You get in a wreck and the other person acts like a Jack wagon - drive away and call 911 as soon as it’s safe and tell them what happened; we have insurance, and if need be, we’ll get a lawyer.

Putting distance between yourself and idiots (including idiots in fast moving chunks of steel with wheels) is a key to staying alive in the road.

It’s not the popo’s fault - it’s our weak spineless elected/appointed officials succumbing to low IQ, loudmouth citizens demands that have resulted in Johnny Law being overworked, underpaid, and increased compromise to their safety and well being.

Comment

Working...
                                X