Removing squirrels from attic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RWB View Post
    Are all jack Russels so aggressive? We have shorty jack and man he is he'll on wheels. He tracks good so that helps to keep him out of trouble. I don't know how our Yorkie is still alive living with him.
    I have 3. All 3 different personalities. Only aggressive to 4 legged animals and crappy people.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just watched the hole and shot the squirrels when they came out. I was shooting my own house, that already had a hole chewed in it... no problem. I think there was a litter of 5. Shot three in/out of the hole, and lined the others up with one of my yard trees. Put a bit of feed below your fence height, and take the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
        Put a bit of feed below your fence height, and take the shots.

I like this idea. I just picked up some .22 Caliber Gamo Red Fire pellets for an old pellet gun I had recently acquired. I was shooting my daughters .177 pellet gun with 7 grain pellets and that wasnt always cutting it.
        Last edited by piercebronkite; 12-08-2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Two years ago we discovered them going in and out from a hole in a soffit. Our solution was to do nothing. And we've stuck with it.

Comment

They sell roof cages to cover the vent. Seal hole with metal. Trim any overhanging branches. Glueboards or baited snaps will work.

Comment

Get Harris glue boards I’ve had to order em. I think that’s what they’re called. If I remember Home Depot has em online. They’re bigger in size. A dab of peanut butter and you will catch em. Put he peanut butter on the board and they will get stuck. Check the traps every few days. Till they’re gone. This does work.

Comment

I had that problem- they were coming in through a gap where my flue pipe went through the roof (storm collar had moved up when I was doing some work on the furnace). I had a head count and caught them all outside early one morning. Went inside and nailed some rabbit wire up around the opening. Had my roofer come out and install the proper cap on the roof penetration and problem solved. Those buggers were trying to get back in while I was trying to nail up the rabbit wire and it was a bit of a rodeo until I got it finished. They were none too happy about loosing their access. My soffits are Hardy board so they haven't seemed too interested in chewing through yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  I have 3. All 3 different personalities. Only aggressive to 4 legged animals and crappy people.

Not the fishing crappy [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Not the fishing crappy [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                    No.

But next time we go I'm gonna bring 2 of them that way they can be 3 crackheads on the boat

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                      Throw a couple of rattlesnakes up there! Presto! No more problem!!
                      I vote for this idea.

Find the holes where they're getting in. Spread repellent in the attic to run them off. Then cover the holes. Wait for them to get in another way and repeat.

Comment

Honey badgers

Comment

One of my best friends had a squirrel problem. He shot one in the eye with a pellet gun and that one eyed squirrel still hung out at his house so he fed it for a couple years because he felt bad.

Comment

I made the mistake of putting poison up in the attic because the exterminator would not get on my roof claiming it was too steep for them. They were supposed to eat the poison and go die somewhere else. Let's just say that did not happen. They died between the first and second floor, on different sides of the house, and I could not get to them. The smell we endured for a while was terrible. I think my wife bought every candle she could at Bath and Bodyworks, but it was bad for a while.

Comment

Had the problem at church--could hear them running on the drop ceiling. Put a small plate of pecans coated with peanut butter and dipped in rat poison--done and dead.

Comment

Had same problem. Shot it in the attic, immediately fixed the entrance hole with hardiboard. Thought concrete board would prevent them in future, wrong.

Shot 32 more in backyard red oak and pecan trees. Couldnt believe how many kept coming around. After new neighbors moved in they frequented the back yard far more and stopped my pellet adventures. So i switched to trapping, trapped several in duke 110 trap, hung on the side of tree with 2 screws, baited with peanut butter. Snared one on top of fence with 60lb fishing braid, used hanger wire to keep it positioned right.

No more attic dwellers but they still kept coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X