Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    I was listening to Rob Babers on the Horn on the way home last night and he had some great stats with QB's and the transfer portal. Almost 60% of QBs that are blue chip guys will transfer. The number actually increases when you look at just the Elite 11 guys. Nobody is waiting and developing anymore, which again is why the Malik Murphy offer makes no sense unless he is a QB2 take and you have Ewers or Manning as your QB1 (bird in the hand though). It will be interesting to see what Murphy looks like when he gets to Austin.
    Interesting. I have to believe (hope really) that Sark sees something in Malik that we as everyday fans don't see. He must believe he can coach him up or believed at that time that he had some time with a project because he had Card and Thompson and thought one of them would step up and be the man.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
      Interesting. I have to believe (hope really) that Sark sees something in Malik that we as everyday fans don't see. He must believe he can coach him up or believed at that time that he had some time with a project because he had Card and Thompson and thought one of them would step up and be the man.
      The dude has a really high ceiling. I can appreciate his loyalty and I still think the big miss was Klubnik.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        The dude has a really high ceiling. I can appreciate his loyalty and I still think the big miss was Klubnik.

I think Klubnik and Weigman are 2 QB’s that can take the reigns as a true fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
          Sark needs to focus on players that can play NOW, not 2 years from now. Like Caleb Williams at OU. Some of these freshmen are showing they are capable of handling the situation and pressure of big games and can learn as they play. 2 years from now most will have transferred to some place they can play if they are not in the starting lineup. I guarantee Ewers and Manning will not sit out and be happy.
          The Manning's are pro redshirt for Arch. To paraphrase Arch he said something like, I want to play right away, but I understand that redshirting is best for me long term.

Peyton is pretty vocal about the fact that the plan was to redshirt at Tennessee, but Heath Shuler went to play baseball and another guy got hurt so he had to play. Still says he wished he had been able to redshirt.

Whoever gets Ewers is going to have to promise him the starting job. He ain't sitting, but he has technically already redshirted.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            It's a shame that a 5* QB can't stay in state, but I understand why he committed to Clemson. He can see, even though Dabo can't, that DJ is not a QB and he will have a better than average chance to play immediately at Clemson.

Comment

I was listening to Rob Babers on the Horn on the way home last night and he had some great stats with QB's and the transfer portal. Almost 60% of QBs that are blue chip guys will transfer. The number actually increases when you look at just the Elite 11 guys. Nobody is waiting and developing anymore, which again is why the Malik Murphy offer makes no sense unless he is a QB2 take and you have Ewers or Manning as your QB1 (bird in the hand though). It will be interesting to see what Murphy looks like when he gets to Austin.
              The general consensus was that taking Malik Murphy would position Texas well to go after Ewers and get him to flip back as the Ewers family and Sark had some productive talks right after he was announced as HC (and continued to have for several months after). Neither Klubnik nor Weigman would have stayed committed if Texas was openly recruiting Ewers. And, taking a commit from either of those two while recruiting over the top of them would have been a poor first step in building relationships with Texas high school coaches.

That plan obviously didn't work out well, but it made some sense.
              Last edited by El General; 12-07-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                It's a shame that a 5* QB can't stay in state, but I understand why he committed to Clemson. He can see, even though Dabo can't, that DJ is not a QB and he will have a better than average chance to play immediately at Clemson.
                To be fair, he wasn't really viewed that way until the playoffs last year where he really took his game to another level. And, he has stayed at that level this year. Westlake is just destroying teams.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  The general consensus was that taking Malik Murphy would position Texas well to go after Ewers and get him to flip back as the Ewers family and Sark had some productive talks right after he was announced as HC (and continued to have for several months after). Neither Klubnik nor Weigman would have stayed committed if Texas was openly recruiting Ewers. And, taking a commit from either of those two while recruiting over the top of them would have been a poor first step in building relationships with Texas high school coaches.

That plan obviously didn't work out well, but it made some sense.
                  Makes sense, if he ends up with Ewers and Malik in this class. I really thought Malik would add some value in recruiting with West Coast dudes, but he has not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                    I think Klubnik and Weigman are 2 QB’s that can take the reigns as a true fish.

Behind the right offensive lines, that might be the case. Klubnik plays behind as strong an O Line as you will see in high school. Having to run for his life in college will probably be a tough adjustment.

Weigman is the opposite as his highlights look like a dude running for his life all the time.

Generally speaking, anytime you see a freshman QB excelling, it is because he has a veteran offensive line.

Comment

Makes sense, if he ends up with Ewers and Malik in this class. I really thought Malik would add some value in recruiting with West Coast dudes, but he has not.
                      It is my understanding that the school he plays for is more have not than have and it is something like a minor miracle that they have made it to the state semifinal against Mater Dei.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                        I mean I’m not sure judging an entire roster off of 2 losses to cross-state rival programs is the best assessment. Tech starting quarterback, Oregon transfer Shough, broke collar bone late in Texas loss and didn’t play vs TCU. So the whole season could’ve been a dumpster fire given the QB and Coach setbacks but they still powered through to 6-6 with a couple close losses. I think the better indicators are the win against Houston, grinding win at West Virginia and vs ISU and taking the Big 12 Champions down to the buzzer last game of season.
                        I personally think the reason for this is the way the defense played in a lot of those games. The defense for Tech was better this year than in the past.
                        Tech's biggest problem the last dozen or so years was the defense or should i say the offense. By that i mean they had an offense that could score in under 2 minutes on most defenses and then put the defense back on the field with little rest. The defense was worn out in the 3rd and 4th and would give up too many points.

Defense wins championships. Tech hired coaches in the past to have a wide open offense and most were satisfied with bowl eligibility every year. This new coach may change that, if not it will be the same old same old results. JMO!

Comment

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Texas making it rain.

Last edited by Brock Middlebrook; 12-07-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                            Texas making it rain.

Hahahahahaha

Comment

It is amazing that Texas has $9.95 reporters that are determinants to the program instead of propaganda reporters like other schools. It is maddening at what they report at times.

Comment

Maalik Murphy plays for Junipero Serra, they play Bakersfield Liberty in the Championship game.

Comment

Working...
                                X