Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
    If Foster was so bad. Why are the coaches running him out there. Let the next man go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heath covered the same line of questioning we've had above. Seemingly its depth at safety. I mean they flipped a transfer WR back to safety last year to add some more there....
    Last edited by Smart; 12-10-2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      When has Duke ever pulled a football coach of any stature to their program? It seems odd that they are a player for some coaches this year, and I can’t name a coach or player that’s ever come through there….

David Cutcliffe is a heck of a football coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        This the guy that told Hurts he better slide. Lol! Horn has had a bunch of big talkers over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Heath covered the same line of questioning we've had above. Seemingly its depth at safety. I mean they flipped a transfer WR back to safety last year to add some more there....

I had no idea about the depth at his position.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
            I'm not criticizing Texas or NIL (i.e. capitalism) or any school that embraces NIL. Just interested in a semi-nerdy way.

I would think that most schools of any size have their share of rich alumni. It will be a matter of collective desire.

Heck, if Harvard alumni decided they wanted in, money wouldn't be an issue.

More realistically, Stanford and USC easily have the alumni to keep up with the Joneses but do they want to play the game? Wisconsin? Washington? UNC? Nebraska? Oregon (they can but worth the woke fallout)?

The obvious players in my opinion are UT and A&M. After that, I'm not certain. Plenty can, but I don't think all that can play will play.

There is no doubt lots of school could play but keep in mind any money they put towards NIL is probably getting pulled away from the school so there’s a struggle there over who gets those dollars. Schools may start charging players for Gatorade if they are getting more money then the school (silly example).

Once the newness wears off are individuals going to continue to fund it when their teams still suck. Texas is trying to get the fund to reach endowment stage so it self funds. While football is the main focus, there is plans to pay all 400+ athletes at Texas (men’s and women). It won’t be an equal share though (title 9 doesn’t come into play since it’s not the school doing it).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Apparently they significantly increased funding for football. I’m honestly a little surprised Elko took the job. I think he could have significantly improved his stock over the next year or two with the young talent on defense, and be better positioned for a better gig.

I do hope he has success. He’s earned the opportunity.

His name wasn’t as hot this year as most thought it would be and there was a ton of openings. Add in a Power 5 school with low expectations . You just never know what’s going to happen.

Comment

POD....you missed your calling in used car sales..

[emoji23]. The oilfield ruined me first! [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                  I think he put together a good defense at aggy and had there been a little more help from the offense they would’ve been a lot better.

Solid take. He was by far the best DC we have had in many many many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                    Solid take. He was by far the best DC we have had in many many many years.

I don’t think anybody would dispute that. I’ll sure Jimbo has a name ready.

You lose your inside connection to Fong though. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      When has Duke ever pulled a football coach of any stature to their program? It seems odd that they are a player for some coaches this year, and I can’t name a coach or player that’s ever come through there….

One of the McCaffrey boys played there. Christians little brother he was nothing super special but it gave Duke some hype for a couple of years. That is the only name from there that got any publicity that I know of.

Comment

Kyle Shanahan for one year before he transferred to Texas.

That’s all I got.

Comment

I don’t think anybody would dispute that. I’ll sure Jimbo has a name ready.

You lose your inside connection to Fong though. [emoji23]

He was the source? [emoji51]

Comment

Good. Saban would call him rat poison from within
                            He would be negative energy. Rat poison generally comes from outside the program.

Daaaaang! Bring back Torbush!
                            Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                            Is Joe Kines still alive.

There are a couple of names from the past! I think I heard Kines a few months ago whispering across the grocery store parking lot.

Charles Kelly the Associate DC / safeties coach at Bama may have his pick of Georgia / A&M / LSU DC spot. Talk about being in a leverage spot. [emoji15]

He has Jimbo experience so probably the spot. Coaches safeties like Elko too.
                            If y’all saw the list of Assistants CNS has lost over the past ten years you would feel sorry for BAMA and ol’ 18ncs!

Comment

I just read that Dave Campbell passed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                I just read that Dave Campbell passed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X