Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tamu_bspeck View Post
    Seems as though them recruits don't see College Station the same way you do. Roster depth is key in a physical league and classes like this year's accomplish that by leaps and bounds. I'll offer you the same bet of an aggie NC in the next 2-3 years, if you're game. 2 to 1 odds for 2 years and 1 to 1 odds for 3 years. We can find a way to hold the funds securely somewhere.
    Your so confident. I'll put up $100, you put up $1,000 for a 2 years NC

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
      Your so confident. I'll put up $100, you put up $1,000 for a 2 years NC
      I am optimistic, not mentally handicapped. Gentleman's bet of $100 to pay $200 for 2 years or $100 to pay $100 if in 3 years. I'm talking NC not SEC title. I'd say that's pretty favorable on your end. Now if you want to put up $ each year and first school to win a Natty takes the pot, I'm in for that also.

Comment

The investments being made in College Station hardly point to being satisfied with being mediocre. Yes, we followed up a top 5 finish with a mediocre year behind a less than mediocre backup QB. Could've been much worse like, say, 5-7? The horns seem to be investing in change as well but time will tell if Sark can be the X factor. I was actually more worried about Herman than I am Sark but if he's given adequate time, you never know what could happen. As far as A&M being mediocre going forward, I'm very ok with putting some money on A&M winning a NC in the next 3 years, or even 2 years if the odds are right. I sure hope yall are working on your next round of rebuttals for once that becomes reality. I'm not sure I'd enjoy success nearly as much if there wasn't a longhorn there to try and diminish it lol.
        Want to put some money on that money on that NC? All the money in the world hasn't got yall out of mediocrity yet.

Maybe you'd actually pay up unlike some of your aggie brethren around here.
        Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 01-08-2022, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          Want to put some money on that money on that NC? All the money in the world hasn't got yall out of mediocrity yet.

Maybe you'd actually pay up unlike some of your aggie brethren around here.
          We definitely have different definitions of mediocrity. We were in the top 25 most of the year behind a 50% completion pct backup qb, who was also injured most of the season with only a walk on to back him up. We also lost 5 members of our secondary to injury. We didn't have the depth at key positions to overcome injuries, plain and simple. This following a top 5 finish in 2020 off of a 1 loss season is hardly mediocrity, imo, but ill gladly put money on that NC. 2 years pays 2:1 & 3 years pays 1:1. Name the amount

Also, I'd like to point out the hypocrisy of money buying mediocrity. I'm sure horn fans would do some sketchy stuff to be able to turn the largest endowment in CFB into even a mediocre season. I know plenty of horns that'd give a testicle to achieve the "mediocre" success that a&m has since jimbo arrived.
          Last edited by tamu_bspeck; 01-08-2022, 10:26 PM.

Comment

We definitely have different definitions of mediocrity. We were in the top 25 most of the year behind a 50% completion pct backup qb, who was also injured most of the season with only a walk on to back him up. We also lost 5 members of our secondary to injury. We didn't have the depth at key positions to overcome injuries, plain and simple. This following a top 5 finish in 2020 off of a 1 loss season is hardly mediocrity, imo, but ill gladly put money on that NC. 2 years pays 2:1 & 3 years pays 1:1. Name the amount

Also, I'd like to point out the hypocrisy of money buying mediocrity. I'm sure horn fans would do some sketchy stuff to be able to turn the largest endowment in CFB into even a mediocre season. I know plenty of horns that'd give a testicle to achieve the "mediocre" success that a&m has since jimbo arrived.
            Since 2012.

Comment

I'm good with the bet you laid out earlier

No need to put money up I'm a man of my word like most of us are here unlike some of your Aggies.

Not me....kinda fond of both of mine and no sport is worth either of them

Mediocre....8-4 right? What place in the west again? How many years in a row? Yet you Aggies are completely happy with that and think you've actually accomplished something! But hey you beat Bama and won the recruiting game!

Pretty sure you haven't seen one Horn fan bragging on here or saying anything else besides Horns have SUCKED for awhile now.

Comment

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
                Since 2012.
                A&M in that timeframe is 77-37 with 0 sub .500 seasons, while playing in the hands down toughest league in CFB. The horns are 70-55 in the same stretch with 4 sub .500 seasons. Don't do this to yourself. I'm not beating my chest about our record over the last decade. I'm an analytics guy so I keep more data than you care to hear about. In 2022 our average contributor ranking on offense/defense will be .9355 according to 247 composite with an average overall player ranking of 170. That means our average player in our 3 deep would be the 10th highest rated commit in your self proclaimed prestigious class this year. Our average starter will be just north of .9520 with an average composite rank of 130. So, no, I don't guarantee success but there is very good reason for Aggies to be optimistic. Next year is the first year we will have depth plumb across the board albeit some of it inexperienced depth. We will see how it shakes out.

Comment

A&M in that timeframe is 77-37 with 0 sub .500 seasons, while playing in the hands down toughest league in CFB. The horns are 70-55 in the same stretch with 4 sub .500 seasons. Don't do this to yourself. I'm not beating my chest about our record over the last decade. I'm an analytics guy so I keep more data than you care to hear about. In 2022 our average contributor ranking on offense/defense will be .9355 according to 247 composite with an average overall player ranking of 170. That means our average player in our 3 deep would be the 10th highest rated commit in your self proclaimed prestigious class this year. Our average starter will be just north of .9520 with an average composite rank of 130. So, no, I don't guarantee success but there is very good reason for Aggies to be optimistic. Next year is the first year we will have depth plumb across the board albeit some of it inexperienced depth. We will see how it shakes out.

Rest that foot. U just kicked every tu in the taint. Carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    I'm good with the bet you laid out earlier

No need to put money up I'm a man of my word like most of us are here unlike some of your Aggies.

Not me....kinda fond of both of mine and no sport is worth either of them

Mediocre....8-4 right? What place in the west again? How many years in a row? Yet you Aggies are completely happy with that and think you've actually accomplished something! But hey you beat Bama and won the recruiting game!

Pretty sure you haven't seen one Horn fan bragging on here or saying anything else besides Horns have SUCKED for awhile now.
                    Can't speak for anyone but myself but my money and my word are good. Just to be certain we are on the same page; I put up $100 that wins $200 if we win a NC in next 2 years or you want to go $100 for $100 on 3 years?

And for the record, 8-4 behind an injured Calzada was a successful season. Not one single aggie I know expected much more after King went down. Last year we finished top 5 with 1 loss to the national championship team behind a 4th rd qb in Mond. I would have never took a title bet prior to this year bc the pieces to the puzzle weren't all on the table. I'm putting my money up now because it's my belief that the pieces are there for 2022 going forward. If Jimbo doesn't get it done in the next 3 years then it ain't a talent or depth issue. Yall will learn here in a few years just how important depth is in this league but that's beside the point. I'm just ready to see how they lay out the divisions once yall make it over and am looking forward to hopefully renewing the rivalry.

Comment

LOL at the “you Aggies are completely happy with that”. Yeah that’s why we just spent close to $30M in NIL money to get the #1 recruiting class. What folks don’t understand, you either win your division or you don’t. If you do, then you have to win the SEC CG, another feat. If you succeed there, then you get to play a semi-final game, with a chance of making the finals LSU has beaten Alabama and won the SEC West and the SEC CG once in the last 10 years, that lead to a NC. They’ve been doing this since 1950, we’ll get there, it’s comin. You’d have to be blind or stupid not to see the immense amount of talent in College Station, it’s u precedented in our history. Excuse us for having some hiccups this year. Shame on us for not having a backup QB ready to go. Shame on us for not beating Arkansas for the 11th time in a row. Shame us for losing to Ole Miss for only the 2nd time in 10 years and being .500 with MSU. The next few years are gonna be fun in Aggieland! We comin Baw!! It ain’t like it used to be and we ain’t done yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                        LOL at the “you Aggies are completely happy with that”. Yeah that’s why we just spent close to $30M in NIL money to get the #1 recruiting class. What folks don’t understand, you either win your division or you don’t. If you do, then you have to win the SEC CG, another feat. If you succeed there, then you get to play a semi-final game, with a chance of making the finals LSU has beaten Alabama and won the SEC West and the SEC CG once in the last 10 years, that lead to a NC. They’ve been doing this since 1950, we’ll get there, it’s comin. You’d have to be blind or stupid not to see the immense amount of talent in College Station, it’s u precedented in our history. Excuse us for having some hiccups this year. Shame on us for not having a backup QB ready to go. Shame on us for not beating Arkansas for the 11th time in a row. Shame us for losing to Ole Miss for only the 2nd time in 10 years and being .500 with MSU. The next few years are gonna be fun in Aggieland! We comin Baw!! It ain’t like it used to be and we ain’t done yet.

I wouldn't buy into that $30mil nonsense. There are LLC's in place and there are plenty of opportunities for NIL monies but there is no guaranteed money. Recruits are aware of current players NIL profitization but none were guaranteed payouts. The ones who care about NIL see the opportunity for capitalization but several of these 22 kids will and already do make more as social media influencers than they will make in NIL. This was a concerted effort and stars aligning more than it is profitability while at the college level. Like A&M or not, it's one of, if not the, best GameDay atmospheres in all of CFB. An aggie degree also carries a lot of weight. Jimbo is also highly regarded as an elite coach as are many of our position coaches and support staff. Anyone who thinks A&M isn't setup for success, outside of paying a player to attend, just hasn't been paying much attention or it hurts their soul to admit it aloud.

Comment

Aggy gone drunk. Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            Aggy gone drunk. Lol!
                            After you get through tokin that doob, go on and pass it this way. Sounds like some high quality stuff lol. Once yall find ur way out the wood shed to find the light of day, maybe you'll see things more clearly.

Comment

After you get through tokin that doob, go on and pass it this way. Sounds like some high quality stuff lol. Once yall find ur way out the wood shed to find the light of day, maybe you'll see things more clearly.
                              Oh… there’s no doubt the milkmen are on their way.
                              I mean 1939 was just around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                Oh… there’s no doubt the milkmen are on their way.
                                I mean 1939 was just around the corner.
                                National Championships are a little harder to come by than 5-7 seasons and losses to Kansas, but you already knew that. You can continue to set new metrics until you're blue in the face, but you can't erase the fact that A&M is, currently, exponentially, ahead of that program on the 40 acres. Nothing you can or will say can reduce that to anything but facts. Best of luck to yall going forward

Comment

Working...
                                X