Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by byrne361 View Post
    We already have WAY to many cups…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Such as?

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
      I don’t think anyone is making fun of the kids with Covid but more likely the institution that claims the 12th man and how they bungled this entire deal. Aggy had a real opportunity to seize this and use the 12th man to play. It literally could’ve gone down in aggy lore forever. However, I don’t know that UT or any other school would’ve handled any differently.

Definitely can’t put blame on the kids.

I’m not privy to what went into the decision, but on the surface it seems like more of an effort could have been made. At least force the bowl/SEC/NCAA to make the final decision.

It appears Rutgers will take the Ags’ place in the game. I’m at least glad the WF kids will get to play in a bowl game.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
        Such as?

I was referring to everything we’re told to put on a cup.

Comment

Have you all seen how many NFL players are on the Covid list? The Texans now have over 20. The Saints just announced a bunch. I wouldn’t Be surprised if we see other Covid disruptions in the bowls.

I am still ****** we aren’t playing next week. I can’t seem to ascertain whose call it was. I believe we didn’t meet the NCAA scholarship limit for available players. I also understand we may not have had to test the entire team but the University and Jimbo thought it was in the best interest of players families. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Definitely can’t put blame on the kids.

I’m not privy to what went into the decision, but on the surface it seems like more of an effort could have been made. At least force the bowl/SEC/NCAA to make the final decision.

It appears Rutgers will take the Ags’ place in the game. I’m at least glad the WF kids will get to play in a bowl game.

Agreed. Wake deserves to play.

Comment

Originally posted by byrne361 View Post
              I was referring to everything we’re told to put on a cup.

I gotcha, went right over my head.

Comment

Merry Christmas fellas! Enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                  Have you all seen how many NFL players are on the Covid list? The Texans now have over 20. The Saints just announced a bunch. I wouldn’t Be surprised if we see other Covid disruptions in the bowls.

I am still ****** we aren’t playing next week. I can’t seem to ascertain whose call it was. I believe we didn’t meet the NCAA scholarship limit for available players. I also understand we may not have had to test the entire team but the University and Jimbo thought it was in the best interest of players families. Who knows.

If I was on Texans at this point in the season I’d want to test positive too....

Comment

Go Army!

Comment

Did Aggie’s have to officially forfeit the game? The SEC had a rule that if a team couldn’t play due to COVID it would be recorded as a loss. If so is their record 8-5?

Comment

Wake would have beaten them like a drum regardless.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                          If I was on Texans at this point in the season I’d want to test positive too....

True. But my point is the NFL is struggling mightily to contain it. It’s just a shame we still act like this is a virus that is a threat to the general public. We don’t do that with any other virus, not even AIDS. Newsflash, it ain’t going anywhere. There will be a new strain in 6-9 months. How long we gonna act like this is a problem?

I wish A&M would have worked harder to keep the game. That’s all.

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
                            Did Aggie’s have to officially forfeit the game? The SEC had a rule that if a team couldn’t play due to COVID it would be recorded as a loss. If so is their record 8-5?

That was for conference games. This was an exhibition so no, not 8-5.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                              I don’t think anyone is making fun of the kids with Covid but more likely the institution that claims the 12th man and how they bungled this entire deal. Aggy had a real opportunity to seize this and use the 12th man to play. It literally could’ve gone down in aggy lore forever. However, I don’t know that UT or any other school would’ve handled any differently.

If it were that easy. At one point that wound have been an easy task to implement. Not in todays world. Bureaucracy and red tape…. Every other school would have done the same no matter what the players want.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Wake would have beaten them like a drum regardless.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Your 100% correct those Aggie players weren’t interested…

Comment

Working...
                                X