Got my MRI results today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
    This sounds dreadful. Hope mines not as bad as yours. Mine are just partially torn.
    Oh and I have a great recliner. Slept in it when I was in a sling after elbow surgery several years ago.
    Prayers for your continued recovery.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Yea it was really BAD but I am on the mend now with very little pain at all.. Dam sure nothing I wanted to go through at 55.
    According to my surgeon partial tears are not nearly as bad as detaching tendons, they just require stitching(no bone anchors)plus on a tendon detachments it takes months for a tendon to reattach itself to the bone. We have 4 tendons in our RC's how many did you tear?
    I actually had to have some Bovine tendon used to repair one of mine because mine was destroyed.. I guess it worked.. Lol
    Just MAKE SURE you use a surgeon that does it Laparoscopic... Every PT that worked on me bragged on the job my surgeon did and how it will greatly reduce my recovery time.. I heard it numerous times. That's very important..

Good luck and don't do like I did and wait until the nerve block wears off to hit the pain pills.. Yea that was a mistake..
    Last edited by PondPopper; 12-03-2021, 08:32 AM.

Comment

You’ll be in PT for 4-6 months… get the shoulder moving ASAP and you’ll be fine! It is tough at first but you’ll be feeling solid after a month with the right PT. Work on improving your external rotation first…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Yea it was really BAD but I am on the mend now with very little pain at all.. Dam sure nothing I wanted to go through at 55.
        According to my surgeon partial tears are not nearly as bad as detaching tendons, they just require stitching(no bone anchors)plus on a tendon detachments it takes months for a tendon to reattach itself to the bone. We have 4 tendons in our RC's how many did you tear?
        I actually had to have some Bovine tendon used to repair one of mine because mine was destroyed.. I guess it worked.. Lol
        Just MAKE SURE you use a surgeon that does it Laparoscopic... Every PT that worked on me bragged on the job my surgeon did and how it will greatly reduce my recovery time.. I heard it numerous times. That's very important..

Good luck and don't do like I did and wait until the nerve block wears off to hit the pain pills.. Yea that was a mistake..
        3 tears, nothing detached.
        I had tendons in my elbow that were partially detached and repaired several years ago. That was a painful surgery but quick recovery with stem cell treatment.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X