Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used this for a couple weeks and it cured my tennis elbow. It keeps pressure on the problem area and it worked great for me.
    Yep. And do not get one from the Dr. I got mine from the doctor and they tried to charge me $150 for it. I found the exact same one online at Walmart for $17. I finally agreed to pay them $25 for it but it was an ordeal. It did work though.

Comment

Rest, rest and more rest. I struggled with it because for it to get better you cannot do anything with that arm for several months. Wearing the brace with the pad that fits on the forearm helped alot but still does not replace the need for rest on that arm. I made a serious effort to limit how much I did with that arm and for sure did not do ANYTHING strenuous with that arm. I did this for 3-4 months. And after that I still limited what I did with that arm as not to aggravate it and cause it to return. I now have no effects of the tennis elbow.

Comment

Rest like everyone else has said. I also started sleeping with my arm straight instead of bent and I think that helped as well because I slept with my arm bent under me or bent up to my chest. Wore a light elbow brace to help me remember and slept with it straight at my side and I really think it helped speed up the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get the strap and try not to use the elbow if at all possible. It will fix it.

Comment

I fought it for years, tried everything. What cured it was a Nolan Ryan wrist exerciser. I saw one on Amazon called a Marcy wrist and forearm developer and it's the same thing, for $29. I used it for a few weeks and it was gone, I played baseball a lot back then. I've recommended it to a few friends through the years and they had good results with it also. It worked for me, good luck.

Comment

Soft tissue work will remedy the issue. I had tennis elbow so bad in both arms I couldn't allow my hands to hang at my sides naturally. Look into ART or Airrosti, both are basically the same thing-soft tissue manipulation.

A friend of mine played on the PGA circuit and I guess the PGA offers pro golfers just about anything they need or want at the tournaments. He said the Airrosti or ART tents were always filled to capacity. It works.

Comment

Not being able to sleep from elbow pain sucks.
                I followed Doctors advice of resting, healing, warm up, stretching and after use…ice down to quell inflamation even if it didnt hurt, for one elbow. A single cortisone shot helped me for the other elbow. I get flareups if my shooting sessions are too long with too many arrows. I like to shoot 1 arrow a day. 5 arrows at most. Last time I had a twinge of major inflamation was 2 years ago when I was shooting a 68 lb longbow. I stayed off major stress of the elbow and away from the bow for a month or so, really limited shots after picking it back up, iced elbow after shooting sessions and the twinge went away.

About the time I got dialed in with the longbow, One shot, one day at a time, darn thing cracked on me.

I know if I went outside and shot 30 arrows on either elbow…Id have a major flare up.

Good luck Mr70.

Comment

The elbow brace as others have suggested as well as time and rest. I really only need to wear my brace now when I'm running my big heavy chainsaw for any extended amount of time.

Comment

Harbor Freight sells metric crescent wrenches. Get the large one and swing it hard like a hammer down onto your big toe. You'll forget about the elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                      You beat me to it. It really helps.

Comment

And what does this have to do with bowhunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                          Just as much as y'all chat about trucks, atv's, guns, knives, fishing, clothes, politics, mowers, religion, build projects, and rest of your "retro generation wanna be hunter BS".

Add anything ya want. ,,l,.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

Quite a bit. Not too comfortable to pull a bow back with the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              You beat me to it. It really helps.
                              I've been doing it for 2 days and the pain is gone. My grip strength and improved tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                                I've been doing it for 2 days and the pain is gone. My grip strength and improved tremendously.
                                Good.

Comment

Working...
                                X