Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakelover's (David Harkins) (Snakelover (David Harkins memorial service post #899)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned at my uncle’s funeral that all we have left after we pass is only our legacy. What a legacy David left, as evidenced by this thread. RIP brother, we will all miss you in our own way.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
      I remember David re-sizing and framing pic avatars for new and technologically challenged members over the years. He did this many hundreds of times.

What a great testimony of finding a way to contribute rather than simply being a consumer. The world needs more people like David these days!

Heart-felt condolences and prayers for Mindy and family.

I remember David’s calm, cool, and thoughtful, nature every time I think of him. That’s the first thing that has come to mind every time I have ever seen his name on a thread. It’s that reason I opened every thread I ever saw his name on.

Much like many of our beloved, and lost members, his name will bring forth certain thoughts when we see it from now on, and his will always be positive. Such a great testament to a man.

I can’t help but think of his aforementioned contributions to the site every time someone posted a noteworthy picture. When pictures needed stretched/skewed to fit the avatar parameters, and some of us weren’t yet qualified to make them so. No one need even ask…. Because David had already done so, added a cool border treatment, and posted for their use. It seems easy now that our phones do it for us, but there was a time that David made a lot of the site flow better just by assisting with avatars. I remember when that detail he provided changed the look of the site.

Mindy, you have my prayers, and my admiration for having meant so much, to such a great, and gentle man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So sorry for your loss! Sending prayers for healing.

Comment

Mindy posted David's funeral information on FB. I thought I'd share it here.

David’s memorial service will be Saturday, March 11 at 1pm.

New Liberty Baptist Church
            333 W Centerville Rd
            Garland, Texas

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Like others have said, David Made me a really nice avatar way back when and it made me feel like one of the group. I had the pleasure of taking him and Mindy fishing shortly before he started having problems and I don't believe I have ever been around a couple who cared more about each other. I am so very sorry for Mindy's pain but She will never truly understand what a blessing she was to David
              Click image for larger version

Name:	157971510_921569465283826_8581713623018451783_n - Copy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	24708491

Click image for larger version

Name:	sl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	24708492

Comment

Prayers of peace and comfort sent forth for family and friends.

Comment

I was not fortunate enough to have met David but can see that he will be sorely missed. If TBH ever establishes a Legacy Wall, then David deserves to be on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    Mindy posted David's funeral information on FB. I thought I'd share it here.

David’s memorial service will be Saturday, March 11 at 1pm.

New Liberty Baptist Church
                    333 W Centerville Rd
                    Garland, Texas

Note: this is next Saturday March 11th.

Comment

Rest in Peace, Sir, it was an honor to know you.

Prayers of comfort for your loved ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        I met David even before TexasBowhunter.com was created (through the Bowsite’s Texas forum.) He was a subscriber to our original Texas Bowhunters’ Journal email newsletter. His dad had designed and manufactured a receiver hitch lift, originally to lift drums of paint for his business and adapted to work as a game hoist. David gave me one of the original, heavy duty designs, which I still have and use to this day!

David was one of the kindest men I ever met. He was a regular at Bownanza, and attended many TBH happy hours in the DFW area. He took up filming hunts and also became a great photographer with DSLR equipment. When David met Mindy, it was a perfect match! I remember having lunch with David and Mindy in Rockwall, and loved watching them together!

I always had so much admiration and respect for David, and that only grew as I watched him and Mindy together. They have been a great example to not only me and my wife, but also to my daughters, who became friends with them as well. Watching them both gracefully endure David’s illness together has been both gut-wrenching and inspirational for all of us. Similarly, we now celebrate David’s life and love and knowing that he’s fully restored, rejoicing with Jesus in heaven, while grieving with Mindy in her loss.

Mindy, our collective hearts ache for you in your loss. We will continue to lift you up in prayer. Please let us know if there’s anything you need from us. Our family, and the TBH family, continue to love you dearly.

Can't say it much better than that. Sending prayers from here
                        ac

Comment

RIP! Prayers for the family

Comment

So sad. Prayers.

Comment

A few years ago, I drove to Garland for a memorial service.
                              I got there and no one was there. The service was the NEXT Saturday.
                              Don't pull a Mindy. David's service is NEXT Saturday, March 11.

With great sorrow but everlasting gratitude, the Harkins family share the passing of our beloved David Lynn Harkins on Monday, February 27, 2023, at the age 61 after a courageous battle with glioblastoma. When Davids parents announced their pregnancy, his great grandmother made a declaration of her own His name

Thank you all so very much for your warm words and memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin M View Post
                                A few years ago, I drove to Garland for a memorial service.
                                I got there and no one was there. The service was the NEXT Saturday.
                                Don't pull a Mindy. David's service is NEXT Saturday, March 11.

With great sorrow but everlasting gratitude, the Harkins family share the passing of our beloved David Lynn Harkins on Monday, February 27, 2023, at the age 61 after a courageous battle with glioblastoma. When Davids parents announced their pregnancy, his great grandmother made a declaration of her own His name

Thank you all so very much for your warm words and memories.
                                Funny you should post this. Dee and I were driving to Garland tomorrow until Johnny Dangerr told me it was not tomorrow. :d

Comment

Working...
                                X