Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakelover's (David Harkins) (Snakelover (David Harkins memorial service post #899)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP to a great one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My heart aches, but I am so blessed David was in my life. He will always be remembered by me for that special smile and how he treated everyone. A truly special person.

Mindy,

Your love, compassion, and care for David left a very big impact on me. We love you and are here for whatever you need.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
        I remember David re-sizing and framing pic avatars for new and technologically challenged members over the years. He did this many hundreds of times.

What a great testimony of finding a way to contribute rather than simply being a consumer. The world needs more people like David these days!

Heart-felt condolences and prayers for Mindy and family.
        Exactly! I was just looking thru the comments thinking about this. Pretty sure David did my first avatar.

Also, it says something about a person when you have so many people that have been around a long time…a lot before the crash…that made a point to comment on TBH community lose. We lost a good one and his contribution will be missed.
        Last edited by ShockValue; 02-28-2023, 06:17 PM.

Comment

rip

Comment

I shared a lease with David, way back in 2005 ish. My youngest son was with me when we toured the ranch with David. We found a snake that went into a brushpile. took a while, but the snake prevailed and hid well. Copperhead I think.

when all was done, my son looked up at me and said... dad, can I tell mom? we all smiled at that. he was about 5 at the time.

rest in peace David. You will be missed.

Comment

So sad. I only meet him once. I believe we he was the first person I met at the first bownanza I went to. I could tell immediately what a great guy he was.

Mindy I’m sorry you have lost your soul mate here on earth but ultimately you two will be reunited in the Lord’s Kingdom.

Godspeed David.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just now checking in and my heart is crushed to read about David's passing! I am deeply saddened by it, but I am joyful that the Lord had eternally healed David and made him whole and at peace. Can y'all imagine, David is able to look full on at the face of our Savior Jesus!!! What a joyous occasion that must be for him!!

Mindy, I am so, so sorry for your earthly loss! You two were truly one flesh, the very epitome of what Holy Matrimony is! Thank you for y'all's witness and faithfulness!! Like Jeff said, I too am a better person for having known the two of you. Please know that in your grief, there is no need on earth that this TBH brotherhood would not fulfill for you just at the simple asking. Please do not hesitate! We love you as a sister in Christ that is in mourning just now. But knowing that You have a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, I know full well, at the appropriate time, you will have your joy back and you will adjust to the new normal. In the meanwhile, we all pray for your comfort and strength to carry on.

Lord God in Heaven, receive this spirit into Your Eternal Rest. This man, David was a true disciple of Yours Lord, and he will be sorely missed here on earth by those who have been temporarily left behind. We however look forward to the day that we will see him again and the day that we too, may gaze full upon Your face Jesus! Until that time, please strengthen our sister Mindy and give her peace knowing full well that David is healed and rejoicing with You tonight! Guide her through this time of mourning and direct her brothers and sisters on this Green Screen to help her along her way. We love You Lord and we thank You for David and the life he led. In Jesus name, Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Oh Mindy I am so sorry dear. Sending our condolences from Denton. God Bless David on your journey into heaven. TBH lost a good one last night. Rest easy my friend....It was an honor to know you.

Prayers up for Mindy and David's family as they mourn the loss of their loved one
                  Very well said Jason. Rest in peace David. Prayers sent for you Mindy.

Comment

God bless David and the entire family.

Comment

My first communication with David that led to friendship was this one thread. My screen name was TexHunter at that time. We began communicating after this. We shared a love for wildlife and especially bird photography. He and Mindy would stay at a B&B in Bryan for Bownanza and introduced me to the owners that have become friends to this day. We would visit during those stays. My wife and I extend our deepest sympathies to Mindy, Donna, David's mother, his children, grandchildren and the rest of his family. David will be missed by many.

From Bownanza 2011, Mindy and David

Click image for larger version

Name:	mindy and david.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	24708439

Comment

I remember David's kindnesses and gentle, encouraging contributions on this site. His goodness shined through at all times.

I'm so very sad that he is no longer with us. David was a reminder to be kind. And he still is to me and I'm sure to many others. Quite a legacy, IMHO.

Prayers up for you, Mindy.

Jordan

Comment

David was a pillar of this community and life. He truly loved the good in people. The kindness he showed to me and Riley at Nanza and the support he showed Riley on FB will always hold a special place. The world was a better place with him in it. Prayers to Mindy and family. Until we meet again keep that smile genuine and camera rolling.
                          Last edited by BrandonA; 02-28-2023, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Prayers all around. Hate to lose good people on this site.

Comment

Farewell for now, my friend, untill we meet again. You served our Father well.

David was one of the first people I met at my first Bownanza. RSatt was the other. All three of us were just kinda wondering around the parking lot, not really sure of what to make of it that early in the morning.

Comment

Oh Mindy, my heart aches for you. I enjoyed our time hanging out together at Bownanza for years. All our collective prayers for David's healing were heard. He is healed and in the presence of our Lord and Savior. It might not be the healing in this world that we had hoped for but David is now healed and at peace. He fought the good fight with unwavering faith with you right there with him every step of the way. My prayers continue for you and David's family! Much love from Kathy and I.

Comment

Working...
                                X