Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakelover's (David Harkins) (Snakelover (David Harkins memorial service post #899)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing prayers.....

Comment

Sending good vibes your way from Boston David!

Comment

God bless and stay strong.

Comment

Prayers continue sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sending warm fuzzys to y'all
            holler if I can help

Comment

Continued prayers for each of you.

Comment

prayers up for strength for both of you
                keep up the fight

Comment

You're both in the prayers of so many. May God give you peace and healing.

Comment

Still praying for y'all, David and Mindy!

Comment

Continued prayers

Comment

Maybe not the news you were wanting but sounds like its a good step! Prayers for healing!

Comment

Any updates? Prayers continue.

Comment

prayers sent!

Comment

Update

Hello to our TBH family,

My apologies for not posting more frequently. Since the last update, we acknowledged 1 year since the discovery of the brain tumor (September 14, 2021). I had unexpected surgery due to a herniated disc and had 8 weeks of collar wearing recovery. A praise is that during my September-November recovery, David was able to handle his meds and meals without me. That was a big deal.

Prior to David's most recent mri in November, we had suspicions that the tumor was changing. David has been experiencing new weaknesses and new challenges.

The mri did show a small amount of growth which could explain some of the new issues, but I think we have gotten into the habit of blaming everything on the tumor. In reality, he may have things going on that have nothing to do with the brain tumor. So, we pursue and pray for answers.

David has started back to therapies with Rehab Without Walls. They send therapists to our home for sessions about 4 days a week. Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Physical Therapy.

He has a new to us Speech Therapist and during our first meeting with her, she asked David "How can I pray for you?" God brings people to us that we didn't even know we were missing. What a blessing to have a Christian therapist who is bold in her faith and prayer life.

I am healthy and mostly recovered from my surgery and that is a prayer of thanks. As David faces challenges, we know that my health is important so that I can assist him as needed.

On that note, we are good with visitors. We only ask that visitors are "well" when they come.

We are looking forward to family time Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Praying for strength and endurance to enjoy it all.

Remember to hug your people a little tighter as you celebrate the birth of Jesus, friends.

We love y'all and covet your prayers.

This picture of David was taken a few years ago at our place in Poetry.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Appreciate the update Mindy! We continue daily prayers for you two and wish you both a very Merry Christmas!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X