Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakelover's (David Harkins) (Snakelover (David Harkins memorial service post #899)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued prayers

Comment

Prayers for ya this morning bud...

Comment

Oh Father, what a testimony You have given us through the lives of David and Mindy! They truly the embodiment of Your Son! Their total love and devotion to You and each other are absolutely an illustration of Your love for all of us. Lord we do know that You love us and You love David and Mindy. We ask You Lord, as our sister Mindy requested, please take away the double vision and balance issues that are keeping David's mobility down. Give him clarity and strength of speech and expression. Please Lord allow him to truly express his love for Mindy in a clear and precisely verbal sense. Give him back his voice. Do this Lord through healing. We ask You to give these two many years to live for You and Your kingdom. This old world is a better place because of these two. Strengthen them and comfort them.

Lord for the rest of us, give us their kind of faith. Faith that is unyielding and firm. Give us the clear vision of You and Your Love for all of us that is in their eyes, their smiles and drives their very being. We love our brother and sister in Christ just as You have loved us. Comfort them. Strengthen them and Heal David. In Jesus Name AMEN!!

Comment

My prayers and love continue for you, David and Mindy!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Oh Father, what a testimony You have given us through the lives of David and Mindy! They truly the embodiment of Your Son! Their total love and devotion to You and each other are absolutely an illustration of Your love for all of us. Lord we do know that You love us and You love David and Mindy. We ask You Lord, as our sister Mindy requested, please take away the double vision and balance issues that are keeping David's mobility down. Give him clarity and strength of speech and expression. Please Lord allow him to truly express his love for Mindy in a clear and precisely verbal sense. Give him back his voice. Do this Lord through healing. We ask You to give these two many years to live for You and Your kingdom. This old world is a better place because of these two. Strengthen them and comfort them.

Lord for the rest of us, give us their kind of faith. Faith that is unyielding and firm. Give us the clear vision of You and Your Love for all of us that is in their eyes, their smiles and drives their very being. We love our brother and sister in Christ just as You have loved us. Comfort them. Strengthen them and Heal David. In Jesus Name AMEN!!
            I always like reading your heart felt prayers.......Amen

Comment

Latest update from Mindy

mindy_harkins The Latest David Update:

Here we are into March and David is not feeling any relief. In fact, this morning David expressed that he thinks his neuropathy is worsening. *insert dirty word here*

He had his first IV therapy on the 1st. We are hearing that his doctors "hope" that he gets some relief by his next mri in June. And so, we pray.

Tonight will be his 3rd night of chemo. This is round 3. As with the other 2 rounds, there are gut issues. We try to do what we can to make things better/easier, but nothing about the human body is consistent. Please pray.

We are very pleased with Rehab without Walls. In fact, David had a telehealth (routine) appointment today with his radiation oncologist. In sharing about the in-home therapies provided, we learned that Dr. Vo had never heard of them. And he got a little excited. He said he could immediately think of 4 patients who would benefit from such a service. Glory! This may be someone else's answered prayer.

This is why we share, y'all. We never know whose quality of life might be improved by our experiences.

Confession: I have always thought it was weird when people said "We are pregnant", "We had an appointment with the doctor", "We experienced whatever". I am here to humbly tell you: Now, I get it.

Dude. The spouse/caregiver is alllllll over the experience. Now, I get it. So, please understand when I say "we" sometimes, it really is about "us". It's ok if you don't get it.

When we said "I do" we became one. And, I am here to tell you that WE are going through this. Together.

Thank you for continuing to love. Pray. Send sweet, encouraging cards. Reach out in your way. Thank you for doing what YOU can do to make our lives a bit sweeter in a not so sweet time. Thank you for letting God use you. We see. We feel. We appreciate. We are thankful. And we say your name to God. He loves hearing your name. Seriously.

You are a blessing.

Comment

Continued prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers continue for David and Mindy!

Comment

Thank God David married the right woman.

Prayers that today is a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                      Thank God David married the right woman.
                      Amen

Comment

Prayers for you Mindy to stay patient and strong.

As a caregiver myself, I totally get the "we" and "us". Both of you are going through this and the worst thing my husband ever says to me is, "you aren't going through this, I am." Oh, little does he realize that just because I don't say something or totally break down in front of him, doesn't mean that I'm not experiencing this. Just keep in mind, when he's mad or blows up even if it feels like it is directed to you, he's not taking it out on you. You just happen to be the one there to experience the frustration.

Prayers for continued stabilization for David. I hope and pray the doctors have the wisdom from the Lord to make the right decisions.

Comment

Prayers continuing for Y'all.

Comment

Thank you Bill for keeping us updated!

Father in the Name of your Son Jesus I come to You this morning asking, pleading for this sweet couple David and Mindy. They are brother with us in Christ and they are suffering greatly. Lord You have seen their testimony of You and You know their unwavering faith and love for You. Please Lord, give them some relief and peace. Touch David directly with supernatural healing that even confounds his care-givers. Ease his pain and work him back toward normal. Our sister Mindy has asked for us to intervene on their behalf to give David healing. Many are asking Lord. Hear our prayers and show us You are God Almighty.

For our sister Mindy, we ask a special measure of strength and wisdom to serve David and You. Their testimony just as she has said may be the saving grace for someone else because of their trials. Give them both time through healing and guidance and wisdom to David's care team. Give them time that is quality discipleship time that is free of pain and suffering from this illness that has beset David.. Take it away Lord we ask in the Powerful Healing Name of Jesus our Savior Amen!

Comment

Please tell Mindy that I know they are in a running gun battle with this, one of the worst types of cancer there is. Keep up the fight, and keep fighting for quality of life. I pray that David stay and comfortable and functional as long as possible.

Comment

Many prayers for you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X