No announcement yet.

174" + Archery Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. I’ll comment later about my arrow set up. I did it the cheap and easy way. Probably will either be praised or frowned upon and no in between

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Would you ride your high horse in a high or low fence?
      Seriously? There absolutely is a difference. Period. We’ve all seen high fences that are basically pens. So yes…there’s a difference and always will be. Not say this one was in a pen. But there is a difference in a lot of cases. Not to say that’s the case here. But to generally say there’s not a difference is incorrect.

Congrats on a great deer!
      Last edited by PVDT; 11-30-2021, 08:12 PM.

Comment

The greatest compliment I’ve ever gotten for a deer is without a doubt… people asking about high fence! I’m truly lucky to hunt where I do on a small property that is managed as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
          Seriously? There absolutely is a difference. Period. We’ve all seen high fences that are basically pens. So yes…there’s a difference and always will be. Not say this one was in a pen. But there is a difference in a lot of cases. Not to say that’s the case here. But to generally say there’s not a difference is incorrect.

Congrats on a great deer!
          Quote from above where I said there’s no difference. I’ll wait…

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post
            Thanks guys. I’ll comment later about my arrow set up. I did it the cheap and easy way. Probably will either be praised or frowned upon and no in between
            Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Boom! Awesome critter and great shot! He’ll taste mighty fine with a buttery bisquit…or ten hundred of ‘em.
            If you have a chance, please share your arrow setup details. I thought it was cool that he didnt move until just before the arrow reached him.
            Well done MrZ.
            Okay friar, here goes.

I’m using the cheapest arrows that Walmart had to offer, (okay maybe not literally, but they were cheap and from Walmart) then fletched them. I took fence panel we had lying around (the kind that are small rods tack welded together, the perfect size to fit in an arrow) and used some bolt cutters to cut them to length. Then used a file and cleaned them up a bit and also filed some grooves all over the sides so the super glue would hold better, slid the small rods in the arrow shaft and glued in the insert for my broadheads. I went up to heavier broadheads as well. I watched quite a bit of ranch fairy and familiarized myself with some formulas to calculate the weight and FOC. Re-sighted in and went to hunting. I was hoping to make a YT video to detailing some of that a lot more… maybe some day.

I was on a budget last year and used what I had. It has worked great for me (so far!)

Comment

Dead stud critter, cheap arrow or not. I like your build technique.
              Well done. Thanks for sharing MrZ.

Comment

Dreams

Comment

Thanks. I’ll post up some more details about it one of these days. I need to but another round of arrows and get some more set up.

Comment

Thinking back to my hunt a few months ago! Can't wait to get him back from the Taxi

Comment

Awesome congrats!

Comment

The ole double bump!

Comment

Awesome buck congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            The ole double bump!

Comment

What a great deer. Congratulations

Comment

Awesome buck and great video. Congrats and thanks for showing.

Comment

Working...
                                X