X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Napier has contacted him
    This has been on the books for awhile as the ideal landing spot for Tom Herman to land. I think its a good fit for the type of offense that Napier runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      I guess all the Aggies are waiting on Lucci to tell them how to respond to Texas new NIL deal.

This deal will cover all sports and allow Texas to finically take care of every player, every sport. For example baseball guys will now be able to have the money to pay for their entire school (essentially a full scholarship) plus walking around money. This money is just the base line and does not include what players can learn outside this deal.

The fund starts with a $10M clip, but is slated to be an endowment in the $300M range to support Texas Athletics into the future. There has been a lot of work to get to this point and this is a game changer for college athletics.

Not a fan of this at all, this is a slippery slope to essentially widen the gap even more for the big guys vs smaller schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Not a fan of this at all, this is a slippery slope to essentially widen the gap even more for the big guys vs smaller schools.

It's inevitable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

You mean this guy….

Evan Stewart approves.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            It's inevitable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I like some parody this all but kills that

Comment

I guess all the Aggies are waiting on Lucci to tell them how to respond to Texas new NIL deal.

This deal will cover all sports and allow Texas to finically take care of every player, every sport. For example baseball guys will now be able to have the money to pay for their entire school (essentially a full scholarship) plus walking around money. This money is just the base line and does not include what players can learn outside this deal.

The fund starts with a $10M clip, but is slated to be an endowment in the $300M range to support Texas Athletics into the future. There has been a lot of work to get to this point and this is a game changer for college athletics.

Free tuition for everyone!!! Fitting for Austin.

That will be nice for the non revenue sports and in essence allow for more “scholarship” players even in football. I don’t see it making a hoot in football overall. The ones that matter all have plenty of money. I graduated a long time ago and there wasn’t a FB player that wasn’t taken care of.

Also, still got Sark.

Comment

You have been overly giddy about this awful development in collegiate sports. Texas isn’t doing his anything any of the other big dogs aren’t doing. Have you heard of AMPLIFY? Well it’s Texas A&M’s NIL program / department. They have a whole department of personnel working this front. You will have a recruiting advantage over Texas State but not A&M, Bama, LSU, Ohio St, etc.

News flash all the big schools are doing something similar. They just don’t need a positive news dump to generate hype. Pretty sure Evan Stewart is comfortable with A&M’s NIL opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                  Free tuition for everyone!!! Fitting for Austin.

That will be nice for the non revenue sports and in essence allow for more “scholarship” players even in football. I don’t see it making a hoot in football overall. The ones that matter all have plenty of money. I graduated a long time ago and there wasn’t a FB player that wasn’t taken care of.

Also, still got Sark.
                  This will be a big deal for football, when every football player on the team if you come to Texas base line money will start at say $100K a year ($400-500K over a their time at Texas) plus any additional deals they get on top of that.

Keep in mind that only a handful of kids are actually "for sale" each year during the recruiting cycle, so yeah this might not mean as much Evan Stewart but to the other 24 kids in the recruiting class it will. If a player can legally have access to these funds at Texas vs other schools it will make a difference. The bag game will still be there, but equals the playing field to some degree.

I agree the money part has never been a problem for Texas and there are completely different elements to winning football games, but in the NIL area I am happy this group is setting the foundation.

This is deal 1 of 3 that will be announced in the near future. Deal #2 should not be to much longer and is football specific and will be a great help at a great need area.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                    You have been overly giddy about this awful development in collegiate sports. Texas isn’t doing his anything any of the other big dogs aren’t doing. Have you heard of AMPLIFY? Well it’s Texas A&M’s NIL program / department. They have a whole department of personnel working this front. You will have a recruiting advantage over Texas State but not A&M, Bama, LSU, Ohio St, etc.

News flash all the big schools are doing something similar. They just don’t need a positive news dump to generate hype. Pretty sure Evan Stewart is comfortable with A&M’s NIL opportunity.

AMPLIFY helps students navigate the waters through NIL. They are not paying the athletes directly. This is the company on the other side that is paying the money so programs like AMPLIFY can help the kids work through it. Texas already has the same program called LEVERAGE. And yes, all of the big universities have these type programs in place.

The university itself can not pay the kids (outside of the new $6K per student ruling that just came out), so this has to be done by an outside source, which is what the Clark Field Collective group is doing. The CFC allows companies that way to get involved a vessel to help support the players directly as well.

This type of organization is not going to be unique to just Texas, but Texas has this up and running and I was told by one of the guys involved they feel the depth of what this takes will only be able to replicated at a few places around the county.
                    Last edited by Heath; 12-01-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

😂
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Maybe someone can use the aggy network to get Dumbo some decent jeans...
                        He likes skinny jeans I guess! Most carpetbaggers do!

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

No, these things are not alike. These are uncharted waters.... But, I'm sure TAMU will be on it ASAP.
                          Last edited by Chad C; 12-01-2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

AMPLIFY helps students navigate the waters through NIL. They are not paying the athletes directly. This is the company on the other side that is paying the money so programs like AMPLIFY can help the kids work through it. Texas already has the same program called LEVERAGE. And yes, all of the big universities have these type programs in place.

The university itself can not pay the kids (outside of the new $6K per student ruling that just came out), so this has to be done by an outside source, which is what the Clark Field Collective group is doing. The CFC allows companies that way to get involved a vessel to help support the players directly as well.

This type of organization is not going to be unique to just Texas, but Texas has this up and running and I was told by one of the guys involved they feel the depth of what this takes will only be able to replicated at a few places around the county.

That last sentence is correct, which is the problem. The schools that can do it have already been mentioned. Idc how you spin it this isn’t good for CFB as a whole. The rich will just get richer, and their will be zero parody in college sports

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                              That last sentence is correct, which is the problem. The schools that can do it have already been mentioned. Idc how you spin it this isn’t good for CFB as a whole. The rich will just get richer, and their will be zero parody in college sports

SEC Shorts isn't going away is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                                SEC Shorts isn't going away is it?

Lmao parity*

Comment

Working...
                                X