Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KLAPPER View Post
    Thanks guys keep it coming, anyone else have anything
    Do yourself and your son and your truck a favor and air DOWN your tires to 18/20 psi at the entrance. You will thank me later. Take a spare and a spare and plug kit. Get yourself a good air compressor. Stay/Camp in the park don't drive in and out every day. The main roads are rough and the back roads are even more rough. Wax the sides of your truck really, really well before you go. It is some beautiful country. There is a bunk house at the main Visitor Center you might be able to stay in. Good luck.

Edit: I just saw your pics and write up so my post is a little late. Congratulations to your Son and You for a great hunt and beautiful Muley.
    Last edited by glpoe1; 12-04-2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Congrats to you and your son. That is a dandy buck!

Comment

We are going to have him officially scored for TXBGA but I had to put a tape on him! 163.5 gross! I’m pretty impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to you and your son!! Great experience and an awesome deer!! Love that rough, rugged country!

Comment

Congratulations to you and your son.

Comment

I bet that little boy thinks you’re 12 feet tall and bullet proof. Good work!

Comment

Thats impressive. Great buck. Going to be hard to be that one. He might as well just start guiding.......

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck. Congrats to you and your son. Well done.

Comment

Excellent!
                    Lesto!!

Comment

Headed to Big Bend SP!

Congratulations! That’s some beautiful country.

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

What an awesome experience and a great Muly! Congrats to your boy and to you too dad!

Comment

So freaking cool!! Congrats

Comment

Heck yeah! Congrats!

Comment

...............................The time spent with my son camping and seeing the sights that this place has to offer was something I will never forget, after 2 days of hunting hard getting up before daylight and glassing and hiking we had only stumbled upon one young buck that gave us a very small opportunity but couldn’t get on him in time, if you have ever hunted with young kids you likely know there’s a process to getting them setup and comfortable and spooked deer rarely give you the time you need. .................................................. .................................................. ......we made a play on him trying to work the wind and terrain in our favor and never turned him up again, there’s no such thing as walking a straight line in this terrain with the rocks and 100 different types of pokey Thorney plants I also feel like it’s noteworthy that afternoon the highs were in the low 90s on the 3rd day of our hunt and I was expecting mid 70s, needless to say it zapped us! .................................................. .................................................. .................... All I can say is Glory to God, we are just overwhelmed with thankfulness!

What an outstanding job of fatherhood!
                                your pictures say it all also.

Comment

Working...
                                X