Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From friend that got this from a friend with ties to OU Athletic Department. No clue how true it is, if any.

“OU had the opportunity to match his offer and couldn’t pull their **** together. Apparently getting paid $12-$13MM/year. OU Board of Regents has been all over the athletic department to be financially conservative and make sure not to go into the red as they try to plan their move to the SEC. Supposedly the buyout to leave the Big 12 is $100MM+ and OU can’t afford it. Joe C and Lincoln have not been consulted or involved in this move to the SEC, and I would assume that’s where things with Lincoln got sideways as he felt OU wasn’t ready to commit to the football program and give him the resources he needed to be able to compete in the SEC. OU Athletics is one of the few Athletic Departments in the country that is self funded too, and the university side is over a billions dollars in debt.”

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      One stealthy hire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Don’t blame him for taking the easier route to CFP

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
        The past was nice. I'll admit I enjoyed the NC's in men's and women's basketball. But LSU's present and future is anything but bright. Cling to your past. Desperately. It's all you seem to have.
        You realize Baylor's WBB coach just left for LSU right?

Sorry - you must have been excited to break out that sizzling women's basketball burn

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 13

Sure sounds like LSU thought they had this deal done and USC pushed their chips to the center of the table last night, and won.

It also sounds like Lincoln has been a busy fella behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What do you disagree with? Or is the average Texas high school student saying "if you can't get your grades up, get your guns up!" true?

More money is the only reason for any coach to go to LSU. And, apparently, some coaches aren't buying it.
            That’s cute take your shot at Texas Tech all you want. I have my grad degree from Rice…you know, the place most BU grads couldn’t get into. Any jokes on them? To be honest I don’t know how Baylor has any money left with all the scandals they get into.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
              From friend that got this from a friend with ties to OU Athletic Department. No clue how true it is, if any.

“OU had the opportunity to match his offer and couldn’t pull their **** together. Apparently getting paid $12-$13MM/year. OU Board of Regents has been all over the athletic department to be financially conservative and make sure not to go into the red as they try to plan their move to the SEC. Supposedly the buyout to leave the Big 12 is $100MM+ and OU can’t afford it. Joe C and Lincoln have not been consulted or involved in this move to the SEC, and I would assume that’s where things with Lincoln got sideways as he felt OU wasn’t ready to commit to the football program and give him the resources he needed to be able to compete in the SEC. OU Athletics is one of the few Athletic Departments in the country that is self funded too, and the university side is over a billions dollars in debt.”
              This makes sense. Multiple sources have also said that Riley wasn't big on joining the SEC and didn't have much say in the move.

Comment

PS - by the way, if your kids go to UT, tell them to become friends with the current RA's (or whatever they're called). Getting an RA position is apparently partly political. Not sure if it's the same at every state school, but live in the dorm for another year and get free room and board. Have a roommate and it's free room and tuition!

Comment

When has Tceh ever had success? Have you guys ever even played for a conference title? Much less ever won one? Learn your history. It's not hard. Even for a pizza delivery school grad.
                  I’m happy Baylor is out of the gutter but don’t let a short little run of success shrew your conception of what Baylor football has historically been. And I still don’t get why any sort of criticism you feel that you have to take a shot at Tech lol. Your inferiority complex is shining bright

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post

I haven’t heard the actual #’s but I think this is pretty close to right. I don’t know why but the university has supposedly operated at a deficit for several years. Could turn into a “takes $ to make $” scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                      That’s cute take your shot at Texas Tech all you want. I have my grad degree from Rice…you know, the place most BU grads couldn’t get into. Any jokes on them? To be honest I don’t know how Baylor has any money left with all the scandals they get into.
                      I am impressed. Seriously. I happen to be related to some very intelligent Tech grads and students. I went to Tech for my law degree. Hard to pass up a full scholarship. But, I went too far. You are to be commended.

Comment

Keep it up guys! This is entertaining. All the way from too stupid to attend our university and also way to dense to under stand the play book!

Comment

I am impressed. Seriously. I happen to be related to some very intelligent Tech grads and students. I went to Tech for my law degree. Hard to pass up a full scholarship. But, I went too far. You are to be commended.
                          Lol a Techie all along!

Comment

DaBears, are you a serial degree getter??

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                              Lol dude we had a perfect season 20 months ago and a national championship, enjoy your mediocre BIG12 appearance in how many decades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              This is interesting to me as well. Coach O had a very short leash if just 2 years ago he can lead a team to a national title now he is out a job. My how soon people forget the accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                                This is interesting to me as well. Coach O had a very short leash if just 2 years ago he can lead a team to a national title now he is out a job. My how soon people forget the accomplishments.

Difference between a life long mediocre program mindset and a contender….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X