This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about Riley not going anywhere until King Nick retired. I never thought he would leave for USC, even though USC is a better job than OU.
    Is it? Currently? It was....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

In the early 2000s the top 3 jobs were, without doubt, USC, Texas and Florida. In the 90s the state of Florida ruled CFB.

Odd now that Texas, USC, Florida, Florida State and Miami all had losing seaons.

Comment

Kaliforbia may not allow football in 10 years, they already seem to have forgotten it at SC. I don’t think that job is nearly as attractive as it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don’t know but lots of talk that this deal was mutual.

Comment

TreVonte Citizen decommits from LSU. I image we are going to see a lot of recruit poaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                TreVonte Citizen decommits from LSU. I image we are going to see a lot of recruit poaching.

December 15 . .

Comment

I’m not sure Jimbo doesn’t end up bolting for LSU.

Fickle has to be near the top of the list as well.

Gundy in mix somewhere. Looks like a good fit for LSU? OU ?

Riley to SC makes sense. . It’s a premier program (although downtrodden of late) and the easiest road to the playoffs. If he does anything with that program- he’ll have his pick of NFL jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    I don’t know but lots of talk that this deal was mutual.

I’d consider that an extremely odd take. He blindsided everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      I’d consider that an extremely odd take. He blindsided everyone.

No kidding. He didn’t even allow OU a chance to counter.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Guess it possible, but more money, better facilities, better athletes, more exposure… that probably out weighs pride IMO

More money? Only if BU alums let him walk. Louisiana is known for poverty and corruption. And swamps. And mosquitoes.

Better athletes? agree.

More exposure? easier path to CFP at Baylor. Nobody's talking about LSU in a positive light right now. The future is not guaranteed. LSU is a dumpsterfire and can't get their first or second (or third or fourth?) choice. You've got the past. No guarantees on the future.

Better facilities? Baylor has a state of the art new stadium and is breaking ground on a new football operations center which Aranda is helping to design and, I suspect, dwarfs anything LSU currently has. Louisiana is poor. And a swamp. Keep dreaming.

If LSU offers at least $10M guaranteed for at least 4 years, then Aranda should take it. Otherwise, why embrace the headaches? Why embrace the egos and mindless, dwelling in the (rare) past entitlement? Why go to a "has been" which, for all we know, is LSU's destiny going forward? Why go to the utter bottom of the barrel of academia (ok, that's being generous)?

Can you guarantee any coach "success" at LSU? Of course not. If LSU comes with $10 million for at least 4 years, take the money and run. Otherwise, take a raise and stay where you are loved for 8 win seasons. It's really not that difficult.
                          Last edited by DaBears; 11-28-2021, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            No chance to offer or they didn’t offer? It is odd.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
                              More money? Only if BU alums let him walk. Louisiana is known for poverty and corruption. And swamps. And mosquitoes.

Better athletes? agree.

More exposure? easier path to CFP at Baylor. Nobody's talking about LSU in a positive light right now. The future is not guaranteed. LSU is a dumpsterfire and can't get their first or second choice. You've got the past. No guarantees on the future.

Better facilities? Baylor has a state of the art new stadium and is breaking ground on a new football operations center which Aranda is helping to design. Louisiana is poor. And a swamp. Keep dreaming.

If LSU offer at least $10M guaranteed for at least 4 years, then Aranda should take it. Otherwise, why embrace the headaches?

This is riddled with ignorance and bias…. I won’t go any further

Comment

I’d take Waco over BR.

Comment

Working...
                                X