No announcement yet.

Wear your sunscreen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OUCH!!!! Prayers sent.... Can anyone recommend a safe sunscreen that does not have carcinogens in it?? I read last year that many were actually worse for you than the actual sun..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      OUCH!!!! Prayers sent.... Can anyone recommend a safe sunscreen that does not have carcinogens in it?? I read last year that many were actually worse for you than the actual sun..
      I have been advised that sunscreen with mica in it is the best you can get. Mica is a reflective mineral. I think Neutrogena is one of them.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Ok. Second time got it all. Will go back in 2 weeks to see about a skin graph. Or what to do next. Couldn't do a flap repair due to it running across the other incision site. And the bridge has a precancerous place right where I have to wear my mask at work. And the skin would be to tight possibly dragging that area into the present wound. So, graph is the best option, unless I just want to let it heal and live with an indentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Ok. Second time got it all. Will go back in 2 weeks to see about a skin graph. Or what to do next. Couldn't do a flap repair due to it running across the other incision site. And the bridge has a precancerous place right where I have to wear my mask at work. And the skin would be to tight possibly dragging that area into the present wound. So, graph is the best option, unless I just want to let it heal and live with an indentation.

The skin graft sounds like a great option.
          Best wishes!

Comment

Thanks Blues man.

For those that don't know, these procedures are usually done with just a "local anesthetic".

Guess that makes me a "Local boy". [emoji23]

Comment

Well, it's confirmed! We must be brothers, cause mine is Wednesday also.

My Dad lost 25% of his nose from 2 surgeries. Also the top of his ear, part of his upper lip, and part of his lower lip.
              I don’t want to steal your thunder, but mine’s uglier than yours ! It set me on my ear !!!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Drycreek3189; 11-24-2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I don’t want to steal your thunder, but mine’s uglier than yours ! It set me on my ear !!!
                I just knew we's brothers! But you might wanna be careful with get-n "set on your ears". Take care of them. You might need them some day. Mine will probably be used for skin graphs soon. [emoji23]

Comment

I'm actually feeling very little discomfort. No pain meds. Nada [emoji846]. But can't blow my nose because of the bandages [emoji23].

Yall have a safe and blessed weekend! And wear your sunscreen. [emoji846]Click image for larger version

Name:	20211124_121437.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	24669747

Comment

I am 42. Had a spot on my foot ever since a little kid, assumed it was a wart. Had the Dr. remove it, nickel size at that point. Turned out to be cancer and they had to get more. Went in for a quick surgery 3 weeks later to cut more out of me. Did great for a few days and then got infected. Went to the ER, extreme pain, turned out to be a MRSA infection, was in the hospital a couple days. This was back in April this year, doing great now but yes, sunscreen up!

If I had to do all over again I would not do a day surgery in a hospital, stay away from the hospital. I know there are better day surgery places than your local hospital.

Comment

Saw the Doc yesterday. Said it was filling in nicely. But wants to wait two more weeks and see how it's doing before making a decision on whether to do a graph or not. Just keep it filled up with Vaseline or Noesporin ointment, and changing the dressing twice a day.

In the meantime, anybody know where I can get a diamond stud or "gauge" to put in the hole to fill it up?

Comment

Saw the Doc yesterday. Said it was filling in nicely. But wants to wait two more weeks and see how it's doing before making a decision on whether to do a graph or not. Just keep it filled up with Vaseline or Noesporin ointment, and changing the dressing twice a day.

In the meantime, anybody know where I can get a diamond stud or "gauge" to put in the hole to fill it up?
                        Speaking of gauge... how about using the brass end of a 12 guage shell

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                          Speaking of gauge... how about using the brass end of a 12 guage shell

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Excellent idea! I'll start with a 16ga and work my way up to a 12ga.

Comment

Ttt as a reminder

Comment

I got zapped with nitrogen yesterday

Comment

Well, I was blessed with my nose hole filling in pretty well. And I still plan on wearing sunscreen when I'm out. One of my ears is starting to shrivel a bit, on the top outer edge. I suspect it's from sun damage as well.

I do hope you younger folks read this. And take head. And not just the young. It doesn't take long for some skin cancers to set in. You won't know it until you already have it.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X